Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Overwatch

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Overwatch

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-02-2016 07:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They just need to use the cameras more effectively. I don't have too much of a problem following a match. :shrug:

BTW, this week's brawl is Arcade until Tuesday. Double health, faster ultimate charge, and faster cooldowns. It's mayhem, and I love it. :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-02-2016 10:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the current PTR patch has extra spectator csmeras.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-03-2016 03:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
Weird. It isn't a very good spectator game IMO, way too confusing.

Really? Must be a moran.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-03-2016 07:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
Weird. It isn't a very good spectator game IMO, way too confusing.

why get a game to spectate ? :dork:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-05-2016 09:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Symmetra getting dramatic overhaul. Intrigued.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 10-06-2016 05:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Isn't the point of putting it on tv to bring in a new audience? One would think the people who actually care about that stuff already play and watch online.

Try to objectively spec an overwatch game and look at how bullshit it is. Even if you have a decent camera, it's 6v6, and it looks random as fuck with all those abilities going off constantly. Get out of here with that shit.

Having said all of these things, it looks like I'm wrong http://mashable.com/2016/10/04/overwatc ... ExdTxXw5qR

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-06-2016 05:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, I think most people spectating videogames are the ones already playing the game. That's no different for games like Quake, StarCraft or Hearthstone. I also think spectatorship is aimed at those people and not so much those who don't play. The average game is just too complex for non-players to understand. Even something as relatively simple as Quake 3 1v1 requires knowledge of all the intricacies to truly appreciate the game. The problem is that these intricacies are different for each game out there. I think that's one of the reasons why games will never become big spectator sports like regular sports.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-06-2016 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are a lot of nuances to regular sports, and you don't need to know all the fine details to enjoy watching. That being said, I find myself struggling to keep up whenever I happen to watch parts of a CS:GO tournament. I've never played the game, but I've been into FPS games for over 2 decades. Can't see non-gamers getting deep into CS matches, but at least with OW you know what a Rein looks like and it's easy to follow individual characters around since they mostly stand out from one another.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 03:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think they just need a better way to televise the matches. More cinematic cameras positioned around the map and better camera work to attract non players.

The commentators can also be pretty meh at points and could use better dialogue.

Either way, what they're doing now is a good thing for e-sports in general.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 03:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

damn 280,000 is more than I expected. But yeah spectating this game is laughable, even when I'm straight-face trying to pay attention to what's going on. Maybe clever production and better broadcasting can overcome the limitations and still provide an entertaining show.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 09:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great cosplay :)

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 10-08-2016 02:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Possible Sombra leak? Might be fake.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-08-2016 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There was also a leak of a spanish language comic book that showed 9 of the characters in Halloween costumes. I'm a fan of Junkenstein. :up:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 10-08-2016 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's expected at least some, if not all, of these will be legendary skins in the upcoming Halloween loot boxes. Witchy Mercy, hngngngnng.

Pretty cool easter egg in that the comic shows Torbjorn and Mercy taking that popular selfie first seen in the Recall short. It's also visible in Watchpoint Gibraltar on Winston's computer.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 10:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 01:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I will be putting some back into this then

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-12-2016 08:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The PvE is super fun and really well done, I enjoyed several rounds of it last night although I had to start picking Solider 76 because I couldn't rely on my teammates not sucking with him and a good soldier 76 is pretty crucial to winning. Even with 120+ eliminations we still lost some times.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 12:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got bored of it after two rounds.i hope they make the multiplayer more skill-based or something to make the meta more flexible. Competitive play is boring with the same composition every game

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 02:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's a nice distraction. join late and your forced to play with Ana tho. with S67 pushing forward expecting to be healed.

morons.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 02:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought it was fun :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 03:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Enjoyed 3 rounds of the new Brawl. I thought it was very well made and fun to do. Don't think it will have lasting appeal if it sticks around any longer than the Halloween festivities though.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 03:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

theres achievements tied to it so I'm guessing it's here to stay albeit with other themes.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 04:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
theres achievements tied to it so I'm guessing it's here to stay albeit with other themes.

Achievements eh? Hmmmm

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 06:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got the Mercy witch skin from a loot box drop :D

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 06:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck you.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 06:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:D

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 06:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't smile, fuck you.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 07:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:cool:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 08:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

I've been sitting on 8k credits so I bought it immediately, since I main Mercy. Last night I got it in a loot box from leveling up. :clownboat:

I may buy the Junkenstein skin, too, if I don't get it in a loot box soon. I think almost all of the Halloween skins are awesome. Way better than the Summer Games. :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 09:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On an unrelated note, I'm watching an Ohio speech by Obama and when you don't look at it directly, the Presidential Seal on his podium looks like an ultimate meter that's almost full. Hit Q, Mr. President!

:paranoid:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 09:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:

I've been sitting on 8k credits so I bought it immediately, since I main Mercy. Last night I got it in a loot box from leveling up. :clownboat:

I may buy the Junkenstein skin, too, if I don't get it in a loot box soon. I think almost all of the Halloween skins are awesome. Way better than the Summer Games. :up:

Yeah the Halloween skins are awesome to be fair. I want quite a few of them so I'll pile the hours in over the next few weeks

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 09:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:

how much did you get for a duplicate 3k skin?

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

200 credits for a duplicate event legendary, same as a regular one.

Transient wrote:
I bought it immediately, since I main Mercy.

Same, although I'm not playing Overwatch these days for various reasons, so hopefully not wasting 2800 credits [ouch dude :(]. I did check if it was in my freebie box before I bought it though. Not that super keen on most of the other skins.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 12:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ooohhhh imagine Santa Roadhog at Christmas!!!

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I knew there was a good chance that I'd get the skin after I bought it, but I'm not exactly spending those 8600 credits anywhere else. Not to mention I hit level 300 the night before the Halloween patch, so I have 20 easy boxes to go through. I'm already back up to 6200 credits. :shrug:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.