Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Overwatch

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Overwatch

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-12-2016 10:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been playing the PTR in quickplay and comp and people have finally started to stop picking Sombra every round.
When she is picked she can be a major annoyance both on the team and on the enemy team.
It's frustrating for friendly Sombras to completely ignore health packs and leave them be to be hacked if there's an enemy Sombra.
The enemy Sombra can be a major annoyance if she manages to hack you (and she will, the range on her hacking ability is ridiculous; it may be as long as or longer than Roadhog's hook). Especially playing as Mei or Zarya, a hack is almost a guarantee of death unless your team manages to swoop in and protect you. She completely shuts down the ability of Zenyatta to throw Orb of Harmony and Discord so he suddenly can't do much of anything once he's hacked.
The duration of her hack on health packs needs to be severely reduced. She can keep up to 5 health packs permanently locked through the duration of a round. The respawn rate on the health packs is just silly too. Hack a large health pack, and engage the enemy while staying on/around it and you can go 4 v 1 no problem.
She is easily countered though. Her stealth needs to have more of an audio cue when it breaks near you so you can actually hear her and have some warning before you get melted. Widowmaker ult, Hanzo sonar arrow reveals her while she's stealthed and Soldier 76's ult will lock on to her while she's stealthed. So that's good.
Sombra is really going to jumble things up and I've gone back to live to play as much of it as I can before she's introduced because things are about to get really annoying.

Torbjorn gets some much needed love with auto-generation of scrap over time. I can dig it.
Zarya got a slight nerf which makes it just a little harder to build up full charge but nothing too crazy.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-12-2016 11:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:

MEMPHIS

meh. k. if you play for more than an hour for the whole thing :|

My very biggest of promises....though it'll be on the Sunday as I have a wedding on Saturday

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-12-2016 11:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
The duration of her hack on health packs needs to be severely reduced. She can keep up to 5 health packs permanently locked through the duration of a round. The respawn rate on the health packs is just silly too. Hack a large health pack, and engage the enemy while staying on/around it and you can go 4 v 1 no problem.

I heard it was up to 3 at a time. 5 is a bit nuts, that's all the health packs in whatever area of the map is currently being contested. :paranoid:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 11-12-2016 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
5 is a bit nuts

At that point though, you'd pretty much just be focussed on hacking health packs and not much else. It also assumes the enemy team is going to let you. Finally, it leaves your team short handed. Is your team really better off in what's effectively a 6v5 but with a complete health pack advantage? Realistically, you're going to get the 2-3 of the more favourably positioned ones, if the enemy Sombra hasn't gotten there first because they control the zone.

Also, re: getting hacked in combat. Damaging Sombra interrupts the cast and it has a fairly short range. If you can't hit her while she's having to maintain LOS, at proximity, for the duration of its cast time, then perhaps you deserve it. If she pops up out of stealth and catches you by surprise, well she's just spent 2/3 of her cooldowns on you, and that's pretty much kinda her job right? Presumably it's why you're bringing her in place of another character to begin with.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-12-2016 12:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hacking a molten core will be gold
Hacking Reinhardt's shield will be gold
Hacking Diva will be gold

Hacking Symmetras turret could be gold too.

She's going to be an exciting addition.

I'm hugely excited about Memphis playing with the squad I'm apart of :up: gonna make you buy this shit.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-12-2016 08:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
Also, re: getting hacked in combat. Damaging Sombra interrupts the cast and it has a fairly short range. If you can't hit her while she's having to maintain LOS, at proximity, for the duration of its cast time, then perhaps you deserve it. If she pops up out of stealth and catches you by surprise, well she's just spent 2/3 of her cooldowns on you, and that's pretty much kinda her job right? Presumably it's why you're bringing her in place of another character to begin with.

She can hack a person well out of range of Mei and Zarya's primary attack. You better hope you can get a projectile off on her before her 1 second cast for her hack to go off or that match is over.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-12-2016 09:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Hacking a molten core will be gold
Hacking Reinhardt's shield will be gold
Hacking Diva will be gold

Hacking Symmetras turret could be gold too.

She's going to be an exciting addition.

I'm hugely excited about Memphis playing with the squad I'm apart of :up: gonna make you buy this shit.

So far she seems to be most punishing when she gets hacks off on the following:
Zenyatta (removes his ability to heal and debuff)
Mei (removes her oh-shit ability and wall)
Zarya (removes her ability to pop any shields)
Genji (no more dash and deflect)
Roadhog (removes healing and hooking... makes him a useless fat tub of lard)
Pharah (ground her)

Good luck getting a hack off on a turret. Any amount of damage interrupts you.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 11-12-2016 10:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
She can hack a person well out of range of Mei and Zarya's primary attack. You better hope you can get a projectile off on her before her 1 second cast for her hack to go off or that match is over.

Zarya's primary fire range is 16 meters while the range on Hack is 15 meters. Mei's primary fire range is 10 meters, so we're talking 1 hero out of 23? .. that can't hit with their primary fire, but could use alternate fire instead? Or Ice Wall or Cryo-Freeze to dodge it? Doesn't seem wildly out of line to me :shrug:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 12:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk has been doing nothing but bitch about how unbalanced this game is ever since release. I simply ignore his comments as they're not grounded in reality but fueled by bitterness and tears instead.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 12:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Silicone_Milk has been doing nothing but bitch about how unbalanced this game is ever since release. I simply ignore his comments as they're not grounded in reality but fueled by bitterness and tears instead.

And that's why my previous complaints have all been pretty much addressed in later patches? :dts:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 02:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Blizzard themselves said it was basically a goal to have every new character make people say "this is way OP"... and then have people rediscover that everything can be countered.
They like they shake things up that's for sure.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-15-2016 12:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOMBRA IS LIVE :D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 01:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FREE OVERWATCH WEEKEND! <3

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/play-o ... 0-6445307/

Just to let you know... ;)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 01:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Blizzard themselves said it was basically a goal to have every new character make people say "this is way OP"... and then have people rediscover that everything can be countered.
They like they shake things up that's for sure.

Yeah in the right hands she's OP as fuck right now. I guess the more you play against her the easier it'll be to counter her. A good sniper can take her out easily enough, as can a good Tracer.

She's certainly mixed up the meta.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 03:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm thoroughly enjoying the one hero limit in Quick Play. Double Mei can go right to Hell. :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 03:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I'm thoroughly enjoying the one hero limit in Quick Play. Double Mei can go right to Hell. :up:

Yes - people were bitching about it yesterday but I'm on the side of its a good thing. Still got arcade for the nonsense play :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 05:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes, hero stacking can suck a big one.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 12:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Free weekend is starting

Memphis - get involved

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 12:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's also 40% off on Xbox Store.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 12:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DonCarlos#2340 for PC addings

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 02:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:

MEMPHIS

meh. k. if you play for more than an hour for the whole thing :|

:alert: :alert: :alert:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant wait to start the download, last played it when it was in beta. 3 hours to go...
I just wanna take a look at the maps, so if you see a guy staring at a wall or the sky maybe its me :D :D

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 01:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hope you are enjoying the free time :cool:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 01:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Skip the free game weekend - gg wp :dork:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 03:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No it isnt't free come Monday, but it might be a good chance to try it out for free to decide if you like it. It isn't a cut down version, it's the real deal.

Download it and play some games with me on Sunday you massive plum :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 04:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think Memphis really has no interest in this game and is not willing to change his opinion. He just lacks the testicles to actually say that so he keeps conjuring up excuses no matter how convoluted.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 06:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It'll be a shame if that's the case as it's the multiplayer game I've played since Quake 3. It's magnificent and so well balanced. Especially with a good team.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 07:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And the Black Friday offer is 40% off the Origins edition, making it a steal at £30. No pay DLC either...so £30 is your outlay.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 08:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's fantastic and if quake is your playstyle pharrah would love to speak with you. Rocket jump? That sounds dangerous...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 10:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pharah's great if you liked Rocket Arena, Junkrat's great if you used the grenade launcher a lot, Zarya's great if you could track with the lightning gun, McCree's great if you were a good aim with the railgun. :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 12:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Pharah's great if you liked Rocket Arena, Junkrat's great if you used the grenade launcher a lot, Zarya's great if you could track with the lightning gun, McCree's great if you were a good aim with the railgun. :up:

:up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-20-2016 03:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis - I'm about 2 hours away from having a session on this. Man up!

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-20-2016 10:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

I agree on all except McCree.
I played an unhealthy amount of rails-only instagib to the point of consistently having 80+% avg accuracy. I have piss poor accuracy with McCree and the shots that do hit are hit from a distance so deal next to zero damage thanks to dmg falloff to nerf him.

In other news, Sombra is fun.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 04:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice Game, i will buy it next week!
Pharah´s my choice. I like that special-attack thats ripped off from Bangai-O ;)

EDIT: Got it now, next week seemed to far away... :olo:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Symmetra dev update.

TL;DW: she has 2 ultimates now, the teleporter of old, and a new shield generator object that gives AoE shields to teammates. Not sure how this works exactly, but the shields give more health than her old shields [which have been removed]. Both the teleporter and shield generator have some of their own hp in the form of recharging shields [making it easier to defend your "nest"].

Photon Barrier replaces her old shields. It's like a Reinhardt shield or Winston barrier and is projected along a path in the direction you fire it I guess. Also, turrets. You can stockpile up to 6 now, and you start the match with all 6 of them. Cooldown reduced from 12 secs to 10 secs. Finally, her left click beam has slightly longer range.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.