Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        internet speed?...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: internet speed?...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 08:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol pathetic.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah u r... :olo: ...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 09:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh alright. You convinced me...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 06:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Yeah u r... :olo: ...

no u :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-21-2014 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
xer0s wrote:
lol, I like ya Memph, but seek help...

I guess folks who play sports, or climb rocks, or swim, or do photography for hours to improve their abilities, just not professionally, should 'get help' too? I don't watch dribble on telly, or sit around bored, or have to bother people for company, or enact the mentality of a socially troubled teenage youtuber to garner attention. I manage my time and consider mastery of a hobby a satisfaction. I've always been a gamer and like anyone with a passion for something, I've kept at it with the goal to improve. Is that worse than someone who plays a game once on normal, considers it complete and moves onto the next - mindlessly devouring content until something's too hard, requires actual thought or mechanical understanding, at which point they load up the next, or go back to gormless gurning at the television? 'Cos that's 90% of the gaming population these days, so I guess that's what you're referring to. That ain't me.

Do you still possess the reflexes of a younger man? I do. I am a paragon. A figurative Jesus, if you will. My time and efforts art a sacrifice upon the altar of attention span. A martyr for capability. I will now place the Sacred Chalice of the Impossible, next to the Chump Bucket, which doth contain thy balls, and thusly hurl down my gauntlet. Thy balls may returneth upon completion of Max Payne's challenge mode. Or of two other titles and what doth they consider to be 'hard mode', thus may yield returneth of one ball per-piece. One may, of course, win at something in 'real life' in sporting competition amongst peers, but that's just laughably nonsensical make-believe isn't it? Doth note that whomever may be singular, or otherwise lacking of original ballage may still earn two, due to favourable predictions of excessive unreclaimable balls, for reasons and excuses ranging from age, inability or commitments to nappies/fattening wives/delusional religions whom do not art praise thy chalice, nor thy sun or bucket and/or simply having hobbies of their own that aren't just neuron stroking time-fillers in their miserably bleak lives of mental fragility, masked by relentless internet addiction and online debauchery, fuelling self-denial of reality and the social wasteland of insignificance in which they'll forever reside, prior to a small immediate-family funeral, during which the only tear shed is of the vicar, as he stealthily rubs up behind the pulpit, whilst attendees on their grudgingly rescheduled lunch-break browse inane social media memes on their phones. And yes, you all buy games and never even finish them. And no, the reason is not 'free time', unless you work at a tread-mill or have some sex-witholding femdom, whipping you into obedience with the aromatic pungeance of possibility, you duplicitous bunch of cunts :)

pretty sure i already read this after defeating the enderdragon

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-21-2014 03:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
I guess folks who play sports, or climb rocks, or swim, or do photography for hours to improve their abilities, just not professionally, should 'get help' too? I don't watch dribble on telly, or sit around bored, or have to bother people for company, or enact the mentality of a socially troubled teenage youtuber to garner attention. I manage my time and consider mastery of a hobby a satisfaction. I've always been a gamer and like anyone with a passion for something, I've kept at it with the goal to improve. Is that worse than someone who plays a game once on normal, considers it complete and moves onto the next - mindlessly devouring content until something's too hard, requires actual thought or mechanical understanding, at which point they load up the next, or go back to gormless gurning at the television? 'Cos that's 90% of the gaming population these days, so I guess that's what you're referring to. That ain't me.

Do you still possess the reflexes of a younger man? I do. I am a paragon. A figurative Jesus, if you will. My time and efforts art a sacrifice upon the altar of attention span. A martyr for capability. I will now place the Sacred Chalice of the Impossible, next to the Chump Bucket, which doth contain thy balls, and thusly hurl down my gauntlet. Thy balls may returneth upon completion of Max Payne's challenge mode. Or of two other titles and what doth they consider to be 'hard mode', thus may yield returneth of one ball per-piece. One may, of course, win at something in 'real life' in sporting competition amongst peers, but that's just laughably nonsensical make-believe isn't it? Doth note that whomever may be singular, or otherwise lacking of original ballage may still earn two, due to favourable predictions of excessive unreclaimable balls, for reasons and excuses ranging from age, inability or commitments to nappies/fattening wives/delusional religions whom do not art praise thy chalice, nor thy sun or bucket and/or simply having hobbies of their own that aren't just neuron stroking time-fillers in their miserably bleak lives of mental fragility, masked by relentless internet addiction and online debauchery, fuelling self-denial of reality and the social wasteland of insignificance in which they'll forever reside, prior to a small immediate-family funeral, during which the only tear shed is of the vicar, as he stealthily rubs up behind the pulpit, whilst attendees on their grudgingly rescheduled lunch-break browse inane social media memes on their phones. And yes, you all buy games and never even finish them. And no, the reason is not 'free time', unless you work at a tread-mill or have some sex-witholding femdom, whipping you into obedience with the aromatic pungeance of possibility, you duplicitous bunch of cunts :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-21-2014 11:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am having a problem with my ISP.

A certain page is SLOW loading, all others around the world are OK (as usual).

Try http://www.eventcinemas.com.au and report please :D

My ISP says I need to add a TURBO PACK? I think not.

Another Speedtest screen for the record

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 05:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

loads fast here Whiskey

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy fuck whiskey... U got 1999 internet :olo: ... Lol poor ppl...

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Least my internet is returning back to normal speed now I had my line replaced the other day :up:.

scared? wrote:
Holy fuck whiskey... U got 1999 internet :olo: ... Lol poor ppl...

Or people who live in a sparely populated nice part of their country..

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 02:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol cept for mountainous areas... Sparsely populated areas are total shit holes...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
loads fast here Whiskey

Thanks Som. Yes page loads OK at the home of my Mum & Dad (different ISP/hard & software)

Got an answer from my ISP, part below and you will see that spelling is not a priority for the young these days and yes I am assuming they are young :rolleyes:

Quote:
We do applogise for this issue you are experiencing. Firstly the speeds you are receiving according to the posted speed tests are more then enough for what you need. It appears the previous person had the wrong account in front of them, hence the turbo statement. This because the email your emailing from is linked to a ADSL 1 service and not the ADSL 2 service you have, hence the confusion

There could be a few issues that are causing this and it is a extremly rare issue. FIrstly some modem settings could be causing a delay, issues with whats called the DNS and its compatibility with your system, it could also be a virus protection issue or something installed on your computer. THe speed we are providing to your premises is fine, thats not the issue. Its something else.

I have looked through as much as I can on my side, and nothing is apparent with our settings here so we would need you to call us and work through this to get it sorted. We need to run a fair few more techincal tests to find the cause.

So, I guess I call them when I have time and soon.
Just happening on that site seems mighty strange and I only visit there to buy or book my cinema seats :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-23-2014 11:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just to advise all is now good. Spent 40 - 50 minutes on the phone, they have to repeat all previous tests and the same I had done. Eventually they got into the modem settings (remotely) and changed something and all is as it should be.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-24-2014 12:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well that's a load off my mind.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-24-2014 06:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Just to advise all is now good. Spent 40 - 50 minutes on the phone, they have to repeat all previous tests and the same I had done. Eventually they got into the modem settings (remotely) and changed something and all is as it should be.

Can we see another speed test, just to confirm?

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 08-24-2014 08:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well you homos can't lift shit in a gym but you sure have fast connections :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-24-2014 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
Well that's a load off my mind.

I've been worried all weekend.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-24-2014 04:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Can we see another speed test, just to confirm?

You're a little devil xer0s >:D

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-24-2014 04:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pathetic... Grow up...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-06-2015 04:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got the connection up at my new place

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-06-2015 04:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My ping is down to 6...I win again... :olo: ...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-06-2015 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's your IQ :olo:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-06-2015 05:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 10-06-2015 06:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last year when this thread was made I had 15/3. Now...

Good enough for me.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-06-2015 07:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wireless sucks..when they gonna make it like this?...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-06-2015 07:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-06-2015 09:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

Have u considered suicide?...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-06-2015 09:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What kind of adult plays computer games for 50 hours a week? You're pissing your life away.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-06-2015 11:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting bump so

Maybe the sun isn't in the right spot :smirk:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-07-2015 12:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geoff's wife has upgraded his Internet :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-07-2015 03:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, BT Infinity in a semi-rural area :dts:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-07-2015 03:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Interesting bump so

Maybe the sun isn't in the right spot :smirk:

Quote:
faster than 61% of Australia

holy shit

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-07-2015 03:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Geoff's wife has upgraded his Internet :up:

To help him look for a job quicker?

FragaGeddon
FragaGeddon
PostPosted: 10-07-2015 05:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-07-2015 05:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like I am still winning... As usual... :olo: ...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.