Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 11:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Chicago is awesome if you like culture...

For the past few years I've been taking my son on summer tips to different cities to give him some exposure to culture.

fucking LOL

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 12:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like how the moron ^^^ cherry picks content in a very dull effort to somehow alter context.

Cheers dipshit. :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 12:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's no cherries, at all, in the bovine chest thumping shit you spew.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 12:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Blame your stupid on your parents, stupid.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 12:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ohhhh snap! Mad flames!

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 01:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Blame your stupid on your parents, stupid.

Blame your no neck block head on high rates of bovine testosterone in your milk during your schooling years, freak.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 01:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm surprised that your lack of ability to communicate hasn't had a more adverse affect on your life, dummy.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 01:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, Gramps is so bad at this...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 01:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't listen to them Gwamps. What you're doing will provide your son an opportunity to transcend his narrow beginnings. Well done. (I just hope you're taking him to museums and galleries, who knows what the fuck you consider exposing him to culture. Musical theatre doesn't count.)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gramps, I think xer0s wants you to pay him some attention.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I'm surprised that your lack of ability to communicate hasn't had a more adverse affect on your life, dummy.

I'll think about that while I'm in Istanbul on Monday (experiencing culture in another Country other than the one I live in).

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lack of ability, lol. Nice English cow blood.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

I have him and a couple other morons blocked. They are sad empty vessels of hate that regularly compete for my attention. I'm sure it infuriates them that they're negativity is having zero impact. But hey, it is what it is.

And yes we do go to museums, historical land marks and popular places of interest. Our trip to NYC last year included an off Broadway Show, The MOMA, The Museum of Natural History and many other historical/popular places.

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 06-25-2015 02:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

You're incredibly stupid. But I'm sure you're told that all the time.

GG

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
I'll think about that while I'm in Istanbul on Monday (experiencing culture in another Country other than the one I live in).

I'll wave from Costa Rica, as I sip margaritas on the beaches of the Pacific.

Fucking Istanbul. :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In your 4 star hotel, lol

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

You're incredibly stupid. But I'm sure you're told that all the time.

GG

Inability.

Dickhead.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
syp0s wrote:

I have him and a couple other morons blocked. They are sad empty vessels of hate that regularly compete for my attention. I'm sure it infuriates them that they're negativity is having zero impact. But hey, it is what it is.

And yes we do go to museums, historical land marks and popular places of interest. Our trip to NYC last year included an off Broadway Show, The MOMA, The Museum of Natural History and many other historical/popular places.

Cool story bro. Did y'all eat pizza?

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I'm sure it infuriates them that they're negativity...

You still missed this, even after editing.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

I want nothing from him. He's had me on ignore for quite a while. It's flattering that I've gotten to him enough to implement that...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's incredibly stupid. But I'm sure he's told that all the time.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 03:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a compliment to his people.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And the morons unite. :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Title of the Brian Lame family reunion :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Inability.

Dickhead.

Your lack of perception, fool.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

I want nothing from him. He's had me on ignore for quite a while. It's flattering that I've gotten to him enough to implement that...

You talk to someone who you know can't see your posts? Sounds like he's gotten to you far more.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 03:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's pretty clear Gwamps reads every post, unless you're implying he continues posting on a forum where he ignores everyone.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:smirk: Album here

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 08:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
xer0s wrote:

You talk to someone who you know can't see your posts? Sounds like he's gotten to you far more.

If you look at my posts, you'll see I never address him. It's all for mine and everyone else's amusement. What do you care anyways?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-26-2015 02:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus, I've looked at DS2, and it looks like some hardcore nerd shit that I'm going to hate. I've ordered it anyway, and if I turn out to be right, I'm going to have the satisfaction of being right, but I'd have preferred the satisfaction of playing a great game.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-26-2015 04:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll give you a few pointers to help you.

It's definitely a love/hate type of game. When I first played it I didn't like it at all but I wound up giving it another try because I read about it now and then and wanted to figure out why people seemed so enamored with the game.

Once I beat the first boss (this was in DS1) I was hooked.

What makes this game special is the combat mechanics. Just like Q3 has excellent arcade style controls and physics dark souls has an amazingly in depth combat system that isn't very difficult to sink your teeth into. You should definitely not expect this to be like Skyrim.

There's none of that picking flowers, collecting crap and cooking shit. There's the next monster which will fuck your shit up and whether or not you'll be able to beat it using WHATEVER technique you can muster. Each weapon has it's own move set and each weapon has the potential to be an epic weapon which you use to finish the game with. It's all up to you which weapon you feel more comfortable with. I'd recommend a regular long sword on your first play through or any 1 handed weapon you get early on.

Spend your souls on upgrading your gear whenever you can, especially your weapon and your shield. Definitely use a shield your first time, do not try 2 handed weapons or duel wielding until your comfortable using a shield. Each swing will use up stamina, never use all your stamina. Always keep a little so you can roll out of the way in an emergency.

You level up by increasing stats for your character. I recommend only leveling up your stats when you need to. IE: you got a nice sword you wanna use but need x strength so level up your strength so you can use the weapon but no higher. monsters don't scale up like in Skyrim but that doesn't matter, even the lowliest of monsters can kill you if you're not careful and that's going to happen.

Summon other players to help you, don't feel like you need to do everything solo your first time and join covenants when you come across them. They do funky things for you sometimes.

If you ever see a casket go ahead and lay down in it. It will change your character in a way that represents your actual play style.

Another thing is that there's a ton of shit going on in the areas you roam. Whether you notice it or not there's tons of lore and stories depicted in the backgrounds and characters that roam the game. It's pretty epic honestly, recently one guy figured out that the game only uses 9 corpses throughout the game which are female and hints surrounding the locations where you find the corpses suggest each one is actually a firekeeper (people that tend fires in the game) and how they died etc... I've passed these corpses many times and never noted anything about them other than it being a random corpse but in fact each tells a story. Stuff like that is the kind of stuff you won't notice your first play through but that starts to jump out at you after playing through the game about 20 times. (i've seriously played this game to the end like 20 times, only game I've ever done that with)

I could go on and on about this game honestly. If you think of games as an art medium dark souls is high art. It's something most people won't understand unless they've been educated in it.

It's too bad your not on xbox one cause I'd be happy to lend a hand, it's a super fun game to play with a friend.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-26-2015 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
Get a room you fuckheads.

:up:

Re: What is new in my little world?

I went to two funerals (different days and miles away*) in the last two days for old workmates of 25 - 35 years ago. I caught up with some mates I haven't seen since those days. Hello Chris C :D

* First was 50 minutes north and the other about 2 hours south but well worth the effort.

How do you feel about attending funerals?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-26-2015 03:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never have.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 06-27-2015 10:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Dark souls 2? I'll look it up - I'm all man.

What about bloodborne - as good as reviews suggest?

I just started Bloodborne. It's a lot of fun so far (disclosure: only been playing it for about 30 minutes.) These days I don't have a lot of patience for games where you have to fiddle a lot with settings, talk to lots of NPCs, and all sorts of other stuff. Thankfully this game doesn't have too much of that going on.

You should check it out.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-27-2015 10:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Upgraded my speakers :D

Before:

Now:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.