Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-19-2016 06:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Terrorists don't like techno, everyone knows that.

True. :D

It does look like fun. What's the drug of choice for something like that?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-19-2016 06:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd say pills, as in MDMA. There's honestly nothing more delicious and relaxing than dancing to a Solomun set when you're on that stuff :up: Though anything goes really, as long as you behave a little bit.

Can't find the set he played that night, but here's a similar one (skip to about halfway, Kollektiv Turmstrasse goes first): https://soundcloud.com/corrosive_luvv/k ... ahaven-ade

The 'xtc feeling' is probably best at 2:21:00, jeeesus that track :eek:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-19-2016 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Went to Melt! this weekend, fuuuuck was it awesome.... it's right up there in my top 10 of greatest parties ever.

I love you Germans, you're the best :)

Good times!

Ferropolis is awesome! The stages beneath those giant old coal dredgers. Best location for electronic music! :up:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-19-2016 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:D :up:

The atmosphere was brilliant as well, so chilled out. Will definitely try to go again for at least a day next year, maybe two - the campsite looked very doable. And they even had a stage there...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-19-2016 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Want to go next year too (even if I'll be lifting the average age quite a bit :D ). Wanting this for some years now but never really made it there. Shame, as it's less than 200km from where I live...

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-19-2016 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well shit, hope to see you there then :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-19-2016 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, lets have a beer there. :) :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-21-2016 09:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
xer0s wrote:
Looks like a good place for an attack.

This was my first thought. Fuck, the terrorists have won...

If there really was a terrorist threat, they'd be bombing a daycare facility at least once every week.

Tell that to the victims in Nice...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-22-2016 07:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It may sound harsh, but that was a serious stroke of bad luck for those people.

What I'm saying is that there's no need to live our lives any differently due to terrorism. Nor do we need to have a continual fear for terrorism.

Once in a while, a nutcase comes along and does something like this. But terrorist attacks are so few and far between that in the greater scheme of things, their impact on our daily lives is negligible.

If terrorism is a constant danger like out governments want us to believe, then why don't we get weekly bombings of schools, shopping malls or just some random appartment block during dinner time?

Maybe it's a sign of stupidity on the terrorists' end as well. Why do most of them hit high profile locations like airports or national celebration events? If I'd want people to be afraid, I'd hit locations where they come in their daily lives, every day. Then you fuck up their daily routines.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-22-2016 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because they don't act independently, they attack where they're told—with Mossad's blessing of course.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-22-2016 08:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-27-2016 10:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: What is new in your little world?

Me, well I've been suffering the common cold symptoms for about a week now and no, it is not the man-flu some males suffer from :smirk: occasionally.

Today I sat down to (re) assemble one of my Lego Technic models, that Lego Technic Model 42030 - VOLVO L350F WHEEL LOADER mentioned earlier in this topic earlier :D Posted: 12-29-2014 04:07 PM The eternal Christmas present :D

:smirk: Found my imgur account

:smirk: Here's the album I created way back then http://imgur.com/a/5jARX

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-28-2016 01:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a woman's fantasy way of comfort zoning sexual harassment.

Fuck your comfort zone, fatfuck liberal bitch. These bitch asses today are nothing more than the dog's they own.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-28-2016 01:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Liberal's are killing this country. Mark my words...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-28-2016 04:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1/10

done

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 09:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

where you can regularly be found wanking

shame it was auschwitz

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 09:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gives the Nazis something to look at when they open the door

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dead jews covered in welsh semen?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They didn't call it the lolocaust for nothing

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 11:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I am getting over that cold now thank goodness :smirk: and I have just finished the Lego Technic build mentioned the other day. It's been 18 months apparently since I last assembled but it still presents a challenge.

I did make 2 mistakes along the way and had to go back a few steps to fix. They are not easy to assemble and I recon most might make similar errors :)

Only problem building was that there were a couple of missing pieces :eek: and I am ever so careful. I am thinking I took them for another of my Technic models... Makes note of those pieces for self :smirk:

Still good fun :up: :up:

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Took a day off today.

Monday morning sunrise

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-03-2016 10:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Went to the movies early today and caught two movies (see movie topic) because it was very windy, cold and overcast here, not the sunshine we are used to.

Watched a trailer for the new Tom Cruise movie - Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016)
I hear some of you crying out, "anybody but Tom Cruise!!" in anguish but this looked OK. Due out October apparently.
I'd post the trailer here but go to the IMDB for a look.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
Took a day off today.

Monday morning sunrise

Beautiful! Great view, except that one cunt chimney.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:
Took a day off today.

Monday morning sunrise

Beautiful! Great view, except that one cunt chimney.

Thank you!

You mean this chimney? :D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

Still good fun :up: :up:

I had the old-school version of this one. :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have no idea. I was talking about that thing about 1/5th into your image from the left. That chimney-looking smoke there.
Beautiful view you got there, wish I could wake up to something like that.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
I have no idea. I was talking about that thing about 1/5th into your image from the left. That chimney-looking smoke there.
Beautiful view you got there, wish I could wake up to something like that.

It's the structure that holds the roof of the Montreal Olympic Stadium, check out my link ;)

It's not my apartment view, I went on the mountain to watch the sunrise.

Belvédère Camillien-Houde

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mont Royal is a fun hike.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 08:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Mont Royal is a fun hike.

I live 5 minutes away from the mountain, message me on FB next time you're in Montreal :up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 03:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To quote Wiki:
"Despite initial projections in 1970 that the stadium would cost only C$134 million to construct, strikes and construction delays served to escalate these costs. By the time the stadium opened (in an unfinished form), the total costs had risen to C$264 million."

Fuck me...

Is it worth it? Lotsa concerts and stuff happening there nowadays? Can it finance itself? Munich Olympic Staduim, it can't. We are stil paying the maintenance through taxes. It is ridiculous. I don't even wanna know how much. For German and French visitors go to Arte.tv and look for that doc about "White Elephants". Good stuff on that topic.

Edit: Arte.tv seems to be in a transition, pretty unusable mode. The "White Elephants" video is of now here, German and French, very slow.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 07:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Montreal Olympic Stadium is decaying too rapidly to be useful for anything anymore. They used to host baseball and football games there, but there are concerns about major structural issues with the tower.

Quote:
The stadium has not had a main tenant since the Expos left in 2004. With a history of numerous structural and financial problems, it is largely seen as a white elephant.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic ... _(Montreal)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

194 db.
That is some volume on your Marshall-amp ;). Used to work in that field, thus my interest. Too stressfull, so I switched to something else.
I like the way he writes. I don't like every article but most of the older ones are a pretty good read.

Is Montreal actively thinking about tearing the stadium down? It sounds as if it would make sense.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 04:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I retired.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 07:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unisaw wrote:
I retired.

Congratulations Unisaw :up:
I've been in that realm near 4 years. People still ask, "What do you do all day?" and my reply usually goes along the lines of "What I want, when I want and wherever I want".

Enjoy and try to keep active :)

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unisaw wrote:
I retired.

eeeyyyy!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.