Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-25-2017 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Just got back from riding it and the ST is so nimble and literally has torque pouring out of it everywhere. You can accelerate from 20kph to 80kph in its 2nd gear if you like. Its cornering abilities are so smooth. It was actually more fun to ride than the CBR, but I guess confidence was part of that as well. The ST is both lighter and has more HP so, OK, that's a factor as well.

I'm really torn between the two now. Both are priced similarly, except that the ST has 25000 km while the CBR has less than 1000. The CBR still has 1.5 years of factory warranty while the ST only gets 6 mo of warranty from the dealer.

I was 100% set on a Ducati Monster, until I decided to also test ride a Street Triple. Just getting 20 minutes with it completely changed my mind. The power curve is smooth and responsive, you never really feel like it's going to let you down when you need it. It's nimble and manoeuvrable, and quite low, which was good for a shorty like me, but you may find it cramped if you're much taller. Literally not a single Street Triple rider I've ever spoken to has regretted their decision. I think it's a very solid bike. Good luck with the decision :)

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-25-2017 04:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pics from today's ride...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-25-2017 09:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Eraser wrote:
Shows what you know. The CBR is a 649cc engine while the Street Triple has a 675cc engine. .

I know your natural instinct is to be a fuck stick. But I wasn't suggesting the CBR because I thought it was bigger than the the triumph. I was suggesting you get a bigger bike period. The CBR is also a better product. Calm down.

Why would you suggest "a bigger bike period"? That's such a bullshit suggestion. Displacement and horsepower isn't everything, certainly not for a beginner like me. Also, why is the CBR a better product? Triumph makes high quality, premium bikes. The Street TripleR is also more feature rich than the CBR650F.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-25-2017 09:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Pics from today's ride...
[/lvlshot]

Look, behind GrandPa are the millions of people who agree helmets are dangerous because they restrict your view and hearing.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 01:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's like how seatbelts are bad because they restrict your movement :!:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 02:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is that a speaker on your bike gramps? :p

I always laugh a little when I hear some old guy driving by with his hog while blaring out ac -dc from his speakers loud enough for a city block to hear.

Wish the weather was warmer here... I'd totally hit the road all day today.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 01:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Why would you suggest "a bigger bike period"? That's such a bullshit suggestion. Displacement and horsepower isn't everything, certainly not for a beginner like me. Also, why is the CBR a better product? Triumph makes high quality, premium bikes. The Street TripleR is also more feature rich than the CBR650F.

So you think you're capable of riding a 650, but not a 1000 and you can't see how eventually becoming a more experienced rider might make you regret your inferior purchase? Got it... :tard:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

I always laugh a little when I hear some old guy driving by with his hog while blaring out ac -dc from his speakers loud enough for a city block to hear.

Yes. They provide a little back ground noise while sitting and red lights. Headphones are illegal here. But I'm sure you wear them.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think gwamps just suggested that a beginner gets a fireblade, double the horsepower of the 650...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 02:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Remember gramps drives a big slow and heavy bike. Put him on a light Japanese sports bike and he'd be dead by now.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus, Does a day ever pass where you don't have to defend against people calling you and your ideas out for being utterly retarded gwamps? It must be hard justifying all those shitty decisions and bigoted views against rational arguments and researched facts all day long, how do you cope?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Remember gramps drives a big slow and heavy bike. Put him on a light Japanese sports bike and he'd be dead by now.

My bike is hardly slow.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Jesus, Does a day ever pass where you don't have to defend against people calling you and your ideas out for being utterly retarded gwamps? It must be hard justifying all those shitty decisions and bigoted views against rational arguments and researched facts all day long, how do you cope?

Angry nerds on the internet, experts at nothing, desperate to fit in somewhere, disagree... :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ppl who drive Japanese sport bikes around here are usually murdered within two weeks... For good reason...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

My bike is hardly slow.

CBR 600F
0-60 = 3.4 secs
0-100 = 7.4 secs
Top speed = 153

CBR1000RR
0-60 = 3.2 secs
0-100 = 5.9 secs
Top speed = 177

FLSTF
0-60 = 5 sec
0-100 = Still waiting...
Top speed = 112

http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/articles/2015_01PerfIndex.pdf

I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but to say get a CBR1000 to a novice when you could'nt keep up with him is retuurded

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You guys are arguing with the same blockhead who hilariously tried to prove a Hummer H2 is a practical city car.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 09:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I think gwamps just suggested that a beginner gets a fireblade, double the horsepower of the 650...

:olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 09:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's abundantly clear Gwamps has no idea about the differences in character between various bikes. No idea how a typical two cylinder differs from a four cylinder and where that puts a triple. No idea about seating posture and how that affects your ride. The influence of various fairings or lack thereof. Gear ratios, brake types, suspension settings and all those other variables that influence the character of a bike. Nope, gwamps just goes "gimme the biggest one".

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 03:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Κracus wrote:

Yes. They provide a little back ground noise while sitting and red lights. Headphones are illegal here. But I'm sure you wear them.

I actually don't! I prefer the sound of engine. :) Not that mine is loud... Still though, I ride without them.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 04:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I so imagine Gramps coasting along the roads with Ride of the Valkyries blasting out of his speakers :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 07:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
It's abundantly clear Gwamps has no idea about the differences in character between various bikes. No idea how a typical two cylinder differs from a four cylinder and where that puts a triple. No idea about seating posture and how that affects your ride. The influence of various fairings or lack thereof. Gear ratios, brake types, suspension settings and all those other variables that influence the character of a bike. Nope, gwamps just goes "gimme the biggest one".

Oh, I get it now. You're an expert on motorcycles, but not actually "on" motorcycles... :olo:

Well Valentino Rossi, while you're busy reading about drag coefficient as it relates to various fairing dimensions or contemplating the relationship between torque and horsepower, I'll be riding. In the interim here's something practical to consider. They don't make "super sport" bikes for professional. They're made for riding enthusiasts who want to get as much as they can out of their experience. Now you either don't see yourself becoming a riding enthusiast, are too chicken shit or don't have the cash for a "super sport" motorcycle. My guess is all three. But don't try to create some fictional scenario where my lack of understanding is the reason you're buying a smaller bike. Own up to who you are and deal.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 07:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I so imagine Gramps coasting along the roads with Ride of the Valkyries blasting out of his speakers :olo:

You would be imaging. For multiple reasons. :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 07:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I actually don't! I prefer the sound of engine. :) Not that mine is loud... Still though, I ride without them.

No headphones, ever. :rolleyes:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 08:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Oh, I get it now. You're an expert on motorcycles, but not actually "on" motorcycles... :olo:

Well Valentino Rossi, while you're busy reading about drag coefficient as it relates to various fairing dimensions or contemplating the relationship between torque and horsepower, I'll be riding. In the interim here's something practical to consider. They don't make "super sport" bikes for professional. They're made for riding enthusiasts who want to get as much as they can out of their experience. Now you either don't see yourself becoming a riding enthusiast, are too chicken shit or don't have the cash for a "super sport" motorcycle. My guess is all three. But don't try to create some fictional scenario where my lack of understanding is the reason you're buying a smaller bike. Own up to who you are and deal.

Moron. Just, moron. I could hark on about everything from weight to throttle response. You know you're wrong though, you just won't admit it. 650 4 cylinder is plenty for a novice to get to grips with.

What is your riding experience gwamps ?, does it go beyond the motorcycle equivalent of a truck ?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 08:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

At least I understand that a Fireblade or YZF-R1 or GSX-R 1000 is aimed at a different type of rider who seeks a different type of experience than someone who would buy a CBR650F or Ninja 650.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also understand that those bikes have different price points for people who have varied levels of personal commitment to motorcycling.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
At least I understand that a Fireblade or YZF-R1 or GSX-R 1000 is aimed at a different type of rider who seeks a different type of experience than someone who would buy a CBR650F or Ninja 650.

Pretty much, I know people who've downgraded just because of the convenience in commuting n shit, Gwamps thinks you're gonna wanna try the TT in your 1st year...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 09:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I sat my bum on a Fireblade SP (with Repsol livery, looks real sweet) at the dealership. Didn't ride it, just sat on it but my gosh is that uncomfortable. If you don't frequently do track days, there's really not much of a reason to buy a bike like that (at least, not for me)

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 09:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gramps crushes that red font guy so thoroughly each and everytime, it's just plain tedious and cringe worthy reading red font's sad attempts to respond...

Somebody just ban that moron so we can all relax... Thx...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm addressing the forum more so, no point in arguing with legohead

You on the other hand seem to be growing this severe man crush towards me since Lawl got locked up.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can anyone decipher the meaning of those red words above?^^^... Yeah I didn't think so...BANNED!!!...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 10:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can 'decipher' them because I am not a total moron.

Someone ban the moron.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Gramps crushes that red font guy so thoroughly each and everytime, it's just plain tedious and cringe worthy reading red font's sad attempts to respond...

Somebody just ban that moron so we can all relax... Thx...

I no longer read anything he says or bother responding. He's clearly an agitated vagina that has nothing of value to offer. I could be saving endangered animals from poachers and he'd complain I was interfering with the hunting rights of indigenous people. Angry incoherent troll. :olo:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, get a Fireblade, 180hp for a complete novice what could possibly go wrong...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 11:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I also understand that those bikes have different price points for people who have varied levels of personal commitment to motorcycling.

lol yea, ok, playing the poorian card I see. Well, ok, I'll call your bluff and show my cards. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not wealthy enough to spend 25k on a bike. At least, not in combination with all the other things I like to or need to spend money on.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.