Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-16-2017 10:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 04:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wat

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 04:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you don't wear a helmet when you ride?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 04:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wear a helmet when I ride highway. But not when I'm riding local surface streets.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 04:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cool

nice bike btw. always liked that style and matte black paint.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 05:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that light looks better than I thought it would.

The no helmet on city streets is pretty stupid though. I've seen so many low speed crashes where the guy gets his head slammed into the ground. Not to mention being crashed into... But hey, looks cool right? Until you've got to get your ass wiped by your spouse, not so cool then.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 05:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found it's kind of like with smokers. You can argue with unsafe-clothing riders all you want but they'll never agree that it is indeed stupid and dangerous.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 05:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, even as a smoker I understood it was dangerous and wanted to quit but was addicted. This is just a stupid choice, like you have all the power in the world to stop it but you choose not to because of a narcissistic reason and nothing else.

Quit smoking about 5 months ago and going strong btw...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 05:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Quit smoking about 5 months ago and going strong btw...

Good job man. It takes some serious discipline to get off the smokes. I'm glad I never started in the first place...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 05:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 05:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That sort of video will be used by tough guys like YourGrandpa to show that, hey, he fell, and he's allright. No biggie!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 05:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Same goes for this one. His luck is inversely proportional to his stupidity.
https://www.facebook.com/Bewo69/videos/ ... 212288031/

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 06:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah the ones I've seen that were nasty were very low speed turns. The driver basically goes too slow, the front wheel turns in too much and stops the bike and then collapses on it's side. The collapse is so quick that it catches the rider and basically slams him head first on the ground pretty violently. All of the people I've seen do this had helmets and were fine but without the helmet they'd be comatose.

Even that ripped dude probably did a good number scraping the skin off his hands.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

even with a skeletal face gwamps' head is just enormous

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 08:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Yeah that light looks better than I thought it would.

The no helmet on city streets is pretty stupid though. I've seen so many low speed crashes where the guy gets his head slammed into the ground. Not to mention being crashed into... But hey, looks cool right? Until you've got to get your ass wiped by your spouse, not so cool then.

My parents both ride, and they're the same. They often go on cross country trips during the summer, and only wear helmets in states that require them. Their reasoning is the helmets catch too much wind on the highway..

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 08:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Their reasoning is the helmets catch too much wind on the highway..

lol, that's the worst excuse ever

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not wearing a helmet has NOTHING to do with looks. You'd have to be pretty stupid to even think that.

The guy in that video is an idiot. Rushing up to pass through narrow spaces puts your life is someone else's hands. If you get clipped in the process, it's on you.

No helmet is a preference that has it's tradeoffs. Though you do sacrifice the protection, you gain an invaluable peripheral view and unobstructed hearing that is highly beneficial to a rider. So where your helmet may save you in an accident, not having one on may prevent it all together. If you don't agree, oh well. You don't have to.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 11:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
cool

nice bike btw. always liked that style and matte black paint.

Thanks... The color and style are exactly what I was searching for. Next up, taller bars. The bars I have now promote a bad riding posture that ends up hurting my back on longer rides. I'm also considering a removable windshield for those cold or rainy days.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 11:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
invaluable peripheral view and unobstructed hearing that is highly beneficial to a rider

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 11:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah.... I wear a full face helmet and have no issues hearing or seeing. Those are the excuses he uses to justify it to himself.

The truth is that it's far more exhilarating and it's a style that looks cool/badass. I'd respect him more if he was at least honest or upfront about it.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

They call that a brain bucket for a reason.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Yeah.... I wear a full face helmet and have no issues hearing or seeing. Those are the excuses he uses to justify it to himself.

The truth is that it's far more exhilarating and it's a style that looks cool/badass. I'd respect him more if he was at least honest or upfront about it.

In a full face helmet you sacrifice peripheral vision and hearing. No two ways about that.

I'm NOT making excuse and it's NOT about how it looks. It's my opinion, based on FACTS that happens to be shared by millions of other people. Because you don't agree, doesn't make you anymore right or wrong.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 12:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
They call that a brain bucket for a reason.

What do they call no helmet?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No helmet.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 01:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

Told you these bad ass riders will never admit the stupidity of their ways

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus, what was your bike again ?, I remember you saying you had a big boy 2t but can't remember what it was.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

What makes you so right? Your opinion?

Fool...

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I imagine the real reason Gwamps doesn't wear a helmet is because they don't make one big enough to fit his mongoloid cranium.

Regarless, if he smears his brainfruit over the tarmac it'll be no great loss to society.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 01:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Honing my negotiation skills on car sales people :smirk:

Re: What is new in your little world?

• I had a break from checking out dealers and put the now 3 car brokers on hold until closer to the end of the month. Apparently that's when the best deals are to be had

• Sold our city apartment at auction :) Not quite the million we hoped for but we're happy

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
I imagine the real reason Gwamps doesn't wear a helmet is because they don't make one big enough to fit his mongoloid cranium.

Regarless, if he smears his brainfruit over the tarmac it'll be no great loss to society.

Even phaggasim getting to have a little cry...

You'd be missed less for sure and likely make the people forced to interact with you on a daily basis very happy when you go.

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Domino Hurley Harley

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Whiskey 7 wrote:
Honing my negotiation skills on car sales people :smirk:

Re: What is new in your little world?

• I had a break from checking out dealers and put the now 3 car brokers on hold until closer to the end of the month. Apparently that's when the best deals are to be had

• Sold our city apartment at auction :) Not quite the million we hoped for but we're happy

Hey! That's great news! Congratulations!

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-17-2017 09:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

I have this one. No vision impairment, no hearing impairment, and does not catch wind. Best helmet I've ever strapped on my head.

https://www.blackbeardsgear.com/online- ... category=0

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-18-2017 12:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Eraser wrote:

What makes you so right? Your opinion?

Fool...

Common sense.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-18-2017 04:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gramps bears all the hallmarks of a Trump supporter

"facts are just the opinions of libruls"

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.