Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-04-2016 11:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I am attending a reunion of old workmates. No doubt there will be some there I haven't seen in 27+ years.

Yup! I met a few workmates I haven't seen in 27 years :eek:
They all look so well..... these feelings of déjà vu feelings are good for the soul IMO :D

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 05:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did a 5.1 mix of a video game remix using Audacity.
I have a pretty good surround system that I got cheaply from my dad after he bought new speakers and amp. Never did a 5.1 mix before, thought it might be difficult. What I did was not however. I exported the bulk of the track from Cubase like normal stereo, apart from background synths and guitars that I put on the back speakers, low end of the bass drum, bass guitar and rhythm guitar that I put in the sub channel, and high end of the same into the center. I separated them at 120 Hz.
Kept the back channels them the same volume as they were in the stereo mix, maybe should have raised their volume. They are there though. Don't know if the mix was the best ever to begin with, but cool to be able to separate into more channels than two and hear things more clearly. I'll definitely try it again for future mixes.

If you have a 5.1 system and wanna listen: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x0jd2ctj8 ... s_5.1.flac

It's a shame that Bandcamp doesn't seem to support 5.1, was planning on putting it there as an option. Stereo mix: https://danielalm.bandcamp.com/track/cemetery-dates

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 05:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Woohoo, my Doom merch arrived:

Happy now! :)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 08:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wth is that?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ALMighty wrote:
Did a 5.1 mix of a video game remix using Audacity.
I have a pretty good surround system that I got cheaply from my dad after he bought new speakers and amp. Never did a 5.1 mix before, thought it might be difficult. What I did was not however. I exported the bulk of the track from Cubase like normal stereo, apart from background synths and guitars that I put on the back speakers, low end of the bass drum, bass guitar and rhythm guitar that I put in the sub channel, and high end of the same into the center. I separated them at 120 Hz.
Kept the back channels them the same volume as they were in the stereo mix, maybe should have raised their volume. They are there though. Don't know if the mix was the best ever to begin with, but cool to be able to separate into more channels than two and hear things more clearly. I'll definitely try it again for future mixes.

If you have a 5.1 system and wanna listen: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x0jd2ctj8 ... s_5.1.flac

It's a shame that Bandcamp doesn't seem to support 5.1, was planning on putting it there as an option. Stereo mix: https://danielalm.bandcamp.com/track/cemetery-dates

i really like the playing sounds frickin awesome! :up:

some critical criticisms for me would be

that weird fluttering at :40
what sounds like clipping at 50-105?
the snare tuning imo could be more flattering.

i mention this not to be a dick but because you have a lot of pro quality juice and are strong and can take it

* i listened to the stereo mix

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 11-12-2016 12:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That fluttering would be the bass drum, might have mixed the low end of it too high. I didn't change the tuning of the snare in BFD2, but I do think I might have mixed it too high as well, or the overheads. Thanks for the feedback!

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-12-2016 03:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pricing up a new bike. Glee.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-14-2016 11:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Done, ordered.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 11-14-2016 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

pics, don't pull a kracus on us

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-14-2016 03:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Being built next week. Bit like this but with a better spec, 150s up front and offset shock.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-14-2016 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:
Woohoo, my Doom merch arrived:

images

Happy now! :)

Hey AndyW, I did some searching but can't find that store. I am particularly interested in the badges :D Links?

@ Doombrain - Custom build ... Nice :up:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-14-2016 03:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Short rear stay means I'll be able to manual this one! Couldn't get my current bike to lift, always too planted. Can't wait

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-14-2016 03:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's a fucking cool bike...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-14-2016 09:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I climb up mountains, Doombrain rolls down them. I feel like we can start some kind of new relay race.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-14-2016 09:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Real men go up... Homos go down... :olo: ...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-14-2016 11:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am off to a penal colony tomorrow :cry: :eek:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-15-2016 12:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

finally taking care of that penile disfunction then ey.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-15-2016 01:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:tomato:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-15-2016 09:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

washing machine part arrived...

gotch and socks for everyone ey!

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-15-2016 11:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
That's a fucking cool bike...

Innit. Going to look mint with my spec on.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-15-2016 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
finally taking care of that penile disfunction then ey.

:olo:

No. Just got back for a great day out..
Lots of Sun and I caught a little too much so I will post some photos soon...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 07:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, I did get a bit too much Sun yesterday and that doesn't happen often.
Here are a few photos of my day tour to St Helena Island. No, not the one where Napolean Bonaparte was imprisoned but one out in Moreton Bay just east of Brisbane Queensland.
It was a lovely day except for the numerous flys sent to annoy us.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

A couple of points of interest were the prisoners were know by numbers only, hence the number on their tombstones if they died on the island. The cannon pictured was at the Battle of Trafalgar (Admiral Lord Nelson and Napoleon Bonaparte era) and 1 of 12 gifted by Queen Victoria to Queensland around 1901.

St Helena - Wiki
Battle of Trafalgar - Wiki

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 07:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:eek: an interesting document here

https://espace.library.uq.edu.au/view/U ... _3_127.pdf

Do a 'control f' on the document and insert the cannon number '63089' found on the trunnion.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-17-2016 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
my day tour to St Helena Island. No, not the one where Napolean Bonaparte was imprisoned

only you would feel the need to explain that you didn't take a day tour from Australia to the South Atlantic :smirk:

btw weather looked awesome. am actually jelly, but also remembering that when it was summer here you were fighting off spiders the size of buses during a hurricane :|

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 07:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@doombrain: Thats a nice ride!

@Whiskey 7: You have to search on Ebay, its all merchandise-giveaway stuff. That card was just for press-members at a event @ Cologne iirc.
But i found a set in german ebay, here you go sir! :

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Doom-UAC-ID-Card ... SwCGVX9fhm

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 02:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just got a new gaming mouse.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/produc ... ming-mouse

Good stuff.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 04:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I just got a new gaming mouse.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/produc ... ming-mouse

Good stuff.

Chuck Norris' weapon of choice! ;)
I dont like that "thumb-plate-thing", i prefer a R/L/2 Hand designed Mouse. I hope you know what i mean. ;)
Not like that:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 05:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks AndyW for the link :up:

Re: What is new in my little world?
Just discovering Kindle and E Readers, learning to drive on my old Samsung Galaxy Tab :smirk:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 12:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ready on Wednesday. Might even get a toy version for the boys.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-21-2016 11:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got another trip planned. Flying into Vegas, then heading into southern California to check out a couple more national parks. Gonna knock off Joshua Tree and Death Valley...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-21-2016 12:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Visit the endor forest moon.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-21-2016 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I retired. Work ended June 30 and salary and benee's end at 12/31. It's an adjustment and I'm not done with hte adjusting part yet.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-21-2016 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unisaw wrote:
I retired. Work ended June 30 and salary and benee's end at 12/31. It's an adjustment and I'm not done with hte adjusting part yet.

Unisaw :eek: A rare visit.

Hey, congrats on the retirement thing. I have been at it 4 years and still look for some spare time. People ask, what do you do to keep busy and I have never had that problem :D

Practise like me and you'll do fine.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-21-2016 01:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A pic from today.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-21-2016 04:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Visit the endor forest moon.

Redwood is in Northern California. Won't make it there this trip, but it's on the list...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.