Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YGP post a pic of your car please.

Last edited by ToxicBug on 06-29-2016 10:46 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
still better than Kracus' GTI

It isn't.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
The last owner has some skid pans and side rails he's going to give it too, not sure if i'll put them on. I haven't owned my own car since 2004, kind of excited. no idea why.

It's nice being able to do whatever you want with it. Maybe consider tints and aftermarket rims?

Mine just turned 5 this month and I've done a lot of work on it in the last couple years.

Bottom pic is from a track visit last month.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 10:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
MKJ wrote:
still better than Kracus' GTI

It isn't.

:olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
it's a 2015 model, the 181hp 4x4 auto version. got a friend that remaps so getting it booked in next month.

The company went all out with the used Kia? Are sure they weren't trying to run you off? Maybe they were trying to establish your tolerance. Meaning, if we can get this guy to drive around in a Kia we can get him to do pretty much any shitty thing we want.

Just a thought...

Anyway, it's not a very attractive vehicle. But most cross-overs aren't.

GLHF.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 10:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's going to get a kicking, Maz. it'll be filthy next month and the wheels will get hammered off road. not much point in tarting it up.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 10:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Mazda those rims, tho

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Doombrain wrote:
it's a 2015 model, the 181hp 4x4 auto version. got a friend that remaps so getting it booked in next month.

The company went all out with the used Kia? Are sure they weren't trying to run you off? Maybe they were trying to establish your tolerance. Meaning, if we can get this guy to drive around in a Kia we can get him to do pretty much any shitty thing we want.

Just a thought...

Anyway, it's not a very attractive vehicle. But most cross-overs aren't.

GLHF.

You've misunderstood. I had a £20k hello package to buy a car. Soz.

Figures your priority would be looks over function, you shallow tool :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 10:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

2011 Audi A4 Premium Plus Quattro. I don't think I've ever owned a car this long. But it still looks and runs awesome. The quattro traction control is really what makes this car so fun to drive. We like it so much we're seriously considering another.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t3 ... 7488_o.jpg

2011 Audi A4 Premium Plus Quattro. I don't think I've ever owned a car this long. But it still looks and runs awesome. The quattro traction control is really what makes this car so fun to drive. We like it so much we're seriously considering another.

Damn are those tints legal?!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

Misunderstood? Where'd you explain that? But that kind of makes it worse. You actually chose a Kia. Did you consider kicking in a few bucks and getting something a little more "respectable", like an A5/A7? It is possible to get functionality and looks. Just not at 20k.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
It's going to get a kicking, Maz. it'll be filthy next month and the wheels will get hammered off road. not much point in tarting it up.

Fair play, I did a trip up north to a friend's farm on a wet day and it was completely caked in mud. Kinda sexy though :drool:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
@Mazda those rims, tho

Better pic :clownboat:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I honestly hope the car is half decent Doombrain. I've owned a kia in the past and it was easily the worst car I've ever owned. I had a lot of problems with mine in a very short timeframe, wound up getting rid of it after a year and getting a jeep.

Stupid shit you'd not see in other cars, like door levers detaching in the cold, same with the windows, broke them and couldn't roll the window down cause the internal parts are made of plastic and broke in the cold. Alternator went bad and probably some more problems I can't remember. I'll never buy another kia.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

Misunderstood? Where'd you explain that? But that kind of makes it worse. You actually chose a Kia. Did you consider kicking in a few bucks and getting something a little more "respectable", like an A5/A7? It is possible to get functionality and looks. Just not at 20k.

I've had 3 Audis. I find them boring and unreliable, even the 3.0tdi. Looks like JD agree with me.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I honestly hope the car is half decent Doombrain. I've owned a kia in the past and it was easily the worst car I've ever owned. I had a lot of problems with mine in a very short timeframe, wound up getting rid of it after a year and getting a jeep.

Stupid shit you'd not see in other cars, like door levers detaching in the cold, same with the windows, broke them and couldn't roll the window down cause the internal parts are made of plastic and broke in the cold. Alternator went bad and probably some more problems I can't remember. I'll never buy another kia.

Really, what year?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:

:rolleyes: Gramps screams insecurity with every post.

First thing he does is try to justify the age of the car, reassuring us that he normally has a newer vehicle. Then he try's to make the car sound "fun" by bragging about traction control, of all fucking things. Then he reinforces his adamancy of a solid marriage with "we", while bragging about "seriously considering" buying another of the same car...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
I've had 3 Audis. I find them boring and unreliable, even the 3.0tdi. Looks like JD agree with me.

Looks like CR doesn't though.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i got some new sandles

hey maybe ill use those sandel sock i posted eariler in this thread!

whhoooppie!

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Κracus wrote:

Really, what year?

Probably 2012 or older.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

First thing he does is try to justify the age of the car, reassuring us that he normally has a newer vehicle. Then he try's to make the car sound "fun" by bragging about traction control, of all fucking things. Then he reinforces his adamancy of a solid marriage with "we", while bragging about "seriously considering" buying another of the same car...

nailed it

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yep, perfect.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Any chance to show up YGP you grab, rite?

2 pages of not moving on later...

i don't give a shit about his car, or yours

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Then stay in 4chan you bitter cunt :dts:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Doombrain wrote:
Any chance to show up YGP you grab, rite?

2 pages of not moving on later...

i don't give a shit about his car, or yours

Calm down Scotland, I didn't force you to click the link.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
xer0s wrote:

nailed it

I had older cars when I was in my teens and early twenties. But this is the first car in almost 20 years that I've had more than 3 years. Which I thinks speaks to the quality and class of Audi. And if you've ever drove a quattro you'd understand how much more fun driving can be.

You've nailed it alright. "It" being how upset you are. :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Class :olo:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fascinating :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had older cars when I was in my teens and early twenties.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really? Tell us more...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ Look at all the tears. :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 12:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But this is the first car in almost 20 years that I've had more than 3 years. Which I thinks speaks to the quality and class of Audi.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 12:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're upset about the Kia. We get it. :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 12:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Which I thinks speaks to the quality and class of Audi.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 12:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.