Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        14 days without food.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 14 days without food.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 05:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's what I'll be doing starting tomorrow.

I'll be drinking vegetable/fruit juices for the next 14 days in an attempt to shed some weight. I tipped the scales at just over 200 lbs during the holidays and that's the biggest I've ever been and I don't like it. If it goes well I may even extend that to 20 days. Anyone have any experience with juicing? Recommendations?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 05:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diets lol.
Dude, if you want to shed weight, change your lifestyle.

There's two problems: first, you may lose weight, but once you return to your old food habits, you'll regain that amount of weight even faster.

Second, losing any significant amount of weight (certainly for a 200lbs+ person) in the relatively short period of 14 days is counter-productive. Your body will hit the brakes and start hoarding resources.

You might want to get some exercise in as well.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 05:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I usually do that, just exercise when I feel like I'm getting too big. However I've had this nasty energy drink habit for awhile now and I just kicked it starting this year. I think those drinks are probably responsible for my weight gain and I haven't had one since the new year. Honestly, quitting those is harder than quitting smoking. The problem is however that I feel so uncomfortable and awful that I couldn't work out properly. I felt exhausted and didn't have any energy. Now that I've been off the drinks for over a week I'm feeling MUCH better and I'm not so winded when doing any activity. My diet isn't too bad as it is except for the sodas. I just want to shed a lot of weight quickly to make working out easier for myself.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you shed too much weight too quickly you can end up with stretch marks as your skin doesn't have time to adapt. It was on a TV programme and maybe in a magazine.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not that big, I really can't see that happening. I suspect I'll lose somewhere between 10-20 lbs which isn't really that much.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

juicing "cleanse" fasts are fucking stupid bullshit

but whatever. do whatever the FUCK you wanna do

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All that stuff about your body storing fat cuz u have gone into starvation mode is..... BULLSHIT...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last I checked vegetables and fruit are still food...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're not dieting, you've gone vegan...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: Chewing is good for your digestive process.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know right... my normal diet consists of mostly protein and carbs and very few veggies but since the new year I've made a point to eat more fruits and veggies and I weirdly started craving them more and more and so far I feel like it's made a difference in the way I feel and my energy levels but that could also be because I stopped drinking sodas. That said, for the next 14 days I won't have a single piece of meat so that's quite different for me.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
:olo: Chewing is good for your digestive process.

When eating solid foods yeah... duh.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Changing your diet will not keep you from lying about your car... If that's what ur trying to accomplish...

PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

goodbye muscle

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Feedback has a point; without enough energy from food, your body will burn muscle first for energy, you need muscle and energy from food to burn off the fat. You can turn fat into muscle but what you are planning might not do that Image

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 06:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And you can still gain weight from all those sugary fruits...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 07:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Muscle has memory... It ain't no big thang....

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 07:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
Feedback has a point; without enough energy from food, your body will burn muscle first for energy, you need muscle and energy from food to burn off the fat. You can turn fat into muscle but what you are planning might not do that Image

Also...It's not as dramatic as body builders like to pretend...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 07:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
goodbye muscle

I have a workout planned after I'm done this.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 07:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A fast before starting a work out program is a good way to do it...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 07:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, what a woman.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 07:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus you're retarded. It's already been said, change your lifestyle you lying cunt. It's the only way to safely lose weight.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Safely lose weight? God what a fag...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Diets lol. Dude, if you want to shed weight, change your lifestyle.

This. Diets are the lazy way of trying to shortcut the real hard thing which involves actually changing your lifestyle. I have never ever been on one of these fad diets, I do home-cooked meals with a balance of food groups (from raw unprocessed foods, cooking a frozen pizza or opening up a can of Spaghettio's doesn't count). I go rock climbing at least once a week and do frequent runs or bike rides.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What a douche...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 08:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I actually have a healthy diet. That's the thing I don't eat fast food or high sugar foods or even greasy foods that often. I typically eat meat and potatoes and when the wife cooks she cooks even healthier than I do so I'm not concerned about what I'm eating in general.

The problem is that in the last 3 years I've been drinking NRG drinks, only 1 a day sometimes 2 but rarely and I think those drinks are primarily responsible for my weigh gain and I'd like to get back to where I was 3 years ago to continue working out like I was then.

I had stopped working out at the time cause my now 3 year old son had just been born. Unfortunately he did not sleep through his nights until he was 2 and a half. Even today he still wakes up at 5:30am although that's an improvement over waking up every 3 - 4 hours.

So for 2 and a half years I couldn't sleep for more than 4 hours straight without having to getup to take care of him which led me to those drinks and I stopped working out.

3 years and 40lbs later I find myself having time to work out but I'm so overweight it's physically difficult for me to do anything and impossible to do the workout I want to do without shedding some weight first.

I could take the long route and simply work it off slowly but that's going to take me what? like 6 months to accomplish before I can actually do the workout I'd like to be doing now.

This approach lets me do it in 14 days if it works. I'll report back on how much weight I lost or didn't lose and we'll see if it's worth doing.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 08:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol, there are no shortcuts. But we're all looking forward to the bullshit you spout about your lose in 14 days.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 09:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He'll say he's completely ripped but won't show pics. We might get a blurry corner of a dented fridge though.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 09:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm sure you'd say I was lying in any event regardless of what I post so don't expect anything in terms of pics.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 10:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because you've been caught out too many times, you're tarred with the lying brush.

Cunt.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 10:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

didn't we cover this already?

get fit in the gym, lose weight in the kitchen

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this what we're left with on q3w? Kracus just lying about things?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
didn't we cover this already?

get fit in the gym, lose weight in the kitchen

simple live-a-nom'ics?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 12:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I'm sure you'd say I was lying in any event regardless of what I post so don't expect anything in terms of pics.

No it's because you're a pathological liar and you're unable to post pics proving otherwise.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 12:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
It's what I'll be doing starting tomorrow.

I'll be drinking vegetable/fruit juices for the next 14 days in an attempt to shed some weight. I tipped the scales at just over 200 lbs during the holidays and that's the biggest I've ever been and I don't like it. If it goes well I may even extend that to 20 days. Anyone have any experience with juicing? Recommendations?

Herbalife?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.