Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Anderson Silva

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Anderson Silva

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 08:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you're a fucking moron :olo:

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah heard about that. lol pity.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

love these new minimalist threads, with just a couple of keywords in the title

it's like a treasure hunt, only with really shit treasure

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 10:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anderson Silva clowns way to UFC title loss

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/uf ... 2/2496215/

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 11:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
love these new minimalist threads, with just a couple of keywords in the title

it's like a treasure hunt, only with really shit treasure

apparently it wasn't meant for you. if you didn't already know the subject, you'd be surely disappointed...ownt

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 12:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Couldn't believe it when I was watching it. Unreal.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 01:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
Couldn't believe it when I was watching it. Unreal.

Lol moron alert...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 01:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a thread about real man's sport old man, stick to what you can relate to... like wheelchair racing.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How about I take a wheelchair, crush it on top of u and rearrange u into a man?...cuz judgin from ur pics ur obviously female...possible transgender...or u had a double hand transplant...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Btw...I win... :olo: ...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 01:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No you don't. :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That smile says...ur poor, I win...

I win :olo: ...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 01:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That smile says you haven't brushed your rotten teeth in 30 years. :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i see Geoff is an alumnus of the Gordon Brown School of Manually Rearranging the Muscles in Your Face to Simulate a Facial Expression

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 02:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Any links to the fight?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCicY-_maLg

Terrible quality screengrab with non-english commentary, and I'm sure it'll get pulled down before too long. Skip to 12:25 for the lulz.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 02:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks.

lol, his fake knocked out face looks a lot like his real knocked out face...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 02:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 02:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Taking the prelims also into account, was one of the best cards in years.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wtf was he thinking? he is known to do this ...mental warfare is one thing but he went full retard.

He is 38, at some point he was going to lose the belt one way or another... too bad it happened in the most retarded way possible.

And then in the after fight interview, he tries to save face in a fairly retarded manner... completely changed my perception of him.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 02:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's done the cocky routine plenty of times before but to lesser competition and not to the reckless extent that he did it with Weidman. It was fucking stupid considering I'm sure he could win the fight if he didn't fuck around at all, and would still be the favourite going into a rematch. He should have known not to taunt to such an extent with an opponent of Weidman's calibre, and got what he deserved.

I'm not sure what you're referring to in the post fight interview. I thought he was pretty humble and respectful of Weidman.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I felt it was done sarcastically. .. how he kept saying... he is the champ now, he is the champ....blah blah blah. And then he went on to say he is not interested in a rematch...yeah right. Just didn't feel sincere.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 02:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you've spent too long on the internet. nothing is sincere to you any more

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes, most things feel grossly derivative, but I don't feel I have lost my touch when it comes to detecting sincerity.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 02:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
I felt it was done sarcastically. .. how he kept saying... he is the champ now, he is the champ....blah blah blah. And then he went on to say he is not interested in a rematch...yeah right. Just didn't feel sincere.

I didn't get that impression at all and haven't seen anyone else express the same opinion, even from his hardcore haters who are out in full force at the moment. Sherdog is going crazy right now.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

meh, just my two cents.

and I'm not even a hater... always looked forward to his fights, and respect him as a fighter. Even his mocking antics didn't bother me, I saw them as another skill-set he was capable of using very well in the past, as he usually favors counter-attacking. I really don't understand wtf was going on yesterday.

I think it took him off his cool when he got taken down so easily and almost gave up a submission so early in the fight.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 03:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't understand it either. He got taken down for 5 consecutive rounds in the first Sonnen fight and he didn't decide to go into full blown retard mode. I just hope there's a rematch and he takes it seriously.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Anderson Silva that fought last night was overly careless. We've all seen him taunt opponents, but this went well past the norm. I think he went into this match not caring if he won or lost. Especially since he pretty much retired in his post fight interview.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 03:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there are better ways to gracefully exit the sport. He could just have won, then give his little speech and walk away like a champ...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 03:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
there are better ways to gracefully exit the sport. He could just have won, then give his little speech and walk away like a champ...

Sure sure... But would that have generated as much publicity? I'm not saying that Silva threw the match or did his little dance to defeat for publicity. However, you can't look past how odd he conducted himself in this match. It could be as simple as he was no longer interested in competing in the UFC and took the easy way out.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

would be a shame... after all these years of superb presence in the sport.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is a shame, no matter what the motivation. I think he lost a lot of respect from his fans and the industry for how he conducted himself.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 03:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
The Anderson Silva that fought last night was overly careless. We've all seen him taunt opponents, but this went well past the norm. I think he went into this match not caring if he won or lost. Especially since he pretty much retired in his post fight interview.

In the world of YourGrandpa, saying you have 10 fights left on your contract = pretty much retiring.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 04:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
Taking the prelims also into account, was one of the best cards in years.

Agreed. I want to see Cub v Frankie now but I'd have a hard time figuring out who to cheer for. Love em both.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 04:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

In the world of YourGrandpa, saying you have 10 fights left on your contract = pretty much retiring.

What would you do if you wanted out of your contract? Other than suck a cock.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.