Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        WTF? Doom the movie?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: WTF? Doom the movie?

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/stor ... cleID=6312

Quote:
The on again, off again DOOM movie may finally be on again. Despite several failed attempts over the past few years, it seems Warner Bros. Pictures is in final negotiations to bring the video game to the big screen. Once a deal is in place, a writer will pen the screenplay and production on the film would begin shortly after the script is finished and approved.

According to published reports, the film's story will likely resemble DOOM III's storyline, which is set on a futuristic military base on Mars. When a scientific experiment goes awry and accidently opens a portal to hell, the hero must battle demonic forces.

Warner Bros. is targeting a PG-13 rating for the movie.

this fake or not?
if its gonna be anythin like the resident evil films then i am definately not seein it. dunno how its gonna be good with a pg -13 anyway.

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:(

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i had a fear of bit being old... ah well :)

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 08:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OMG!!! DOOM3 is canceled!

canis
canis
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 09:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's going to be cheesy and corny, but it will be fun if you let it...it stars "The Rock", for whatever that says...

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canis wrote:
it stars "The Rock", for whatever that says...

lol. the rock....

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 09:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love the rock. really. I dont think he is the problem with this film.

Are you telling me that if they put the rock in an exact replica of the doom 3 armor and suit, i na darkhallway with an exact replica of the machine gun, that you would say "Fuck, the rock? bah"?

The problem is that its not doom the movie, its "generic boring 12 rated shit pile thats aimed at a mass auidence"

God bless the film guys.

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nah the rocks a cool guy. i just thought it would spoil it abit. :shrug:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 09:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CrinklyArse wrote:
nah the rocks a cool guy. i just thought it would spoil it abit. :shrug:

Thats because he does scream "cheap!" when you put him in a movie. Watch him in welcome to the jungle, or Be Cool, the guys not that bad really.

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 09:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah thats what i meant. its not that i dont like the guy, he's actually pretty good, but it does seem to add a certain 'cheapness' to a movie. that jungle one he did was pretty good :)

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 09:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CrinklyArse wrote:
yeah thats what i meant. its not that i dont like the guy, he's actually pretty good, but it does seem to add a certain 'cheapness' to a movie. that jungle one he did was pretty good :)

Remember Scorpian King?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT WAS A GOOD FILM :lol:

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol yeah i saw that.
it was certainly different...
.:*no comment*:.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
o'dium wrote:
Remember Scorpian King?

no, but i do recall the one spelled ScorpiOn King.

Ooooh total burn! :icon20:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 10:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, wow, that hurt.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Scorpion King fucking owned. The Rock should make "Conan 3".

But what is this "Doom" thing you are all talking about?

guru
guru
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CrinklyArse wrote:
http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ArticleID=6312

Quote:
The on again, off again DOOM movie may finally be on again. Despite several failed attempts over the past few years, it seems Warner Bros. Pictures is in final negotiations to bring the video game to the big screen. Once a deal is in place, a writer will pen the screenplay and production on the film would begin shortly after the script is finished and approved.

According to published reports, the film's story will likely resemble DOOM III's storyline, which is set on a futuristic military base on Mars. When a scientific experiment goes awry and accidently opens a portal to hell, the hero must battle demonic forces.

Warner Bros. is targeting a PG-13 rating for the movie.

this fake or not?
if its gonna be anythin like the resident evil films then i am definately not seein it. dunno how its gonna be good with a pg -13 anyway.

Been out of the loop a bit?

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:

apparently theres gonna be a doom movie based on the games.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CrinklyArse wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:

Dude the movie has nothing to do with hell

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 09:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CrinklyArse wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:

"Games"?

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 05-08-2005 10:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
The Scorpion King fucking owned.

they must've rewrote the script for the German version.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 05-09-2005 12:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think I watched it in english.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-09-2005 12:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:
The Scorpion King fucking owned.

they must've rewrote the script for the German version.

:icon25:

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 05-09-2005 12:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
I think I watched it in english.

That still won't make it good.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 05-09-2005 01:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

think splish said his favourite film was 'pitch black' - so maybe not a top arbiter of quality cinema

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-09-2005 06:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I own both Pitch Black, and Scorpion King. theyre both good movies. If anyone cant just let themselves enjoy movies for what they are, why even bother seeing movies in the first place?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-09-2005 06:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I liked pitch black too :)
Cronicles of riddick was pretty awful tho.

Eye-like balls
Eye-like balls
PostPosted: 05-09-2005 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pitch Black was ok, Scorpion King sucked elephant balls.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 05-09-2005 07:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4days wrote:
think splish said his favourite film was 'pitch black' - so maybe not a top arbiter of quality cinema

Excuse me..but pitch black is a fucking awsome independent/low budget sci-fi movie.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 05-09-2005 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer's got it right.
If you see through the cheap aliens, you'll discover that the movie is really about the Nietzschean hero and the challenges to that philosophy.

Edit:
/I'll admit the Scorpion King probably doesn't have any deeper philosophical dilemmas. It was still fun to watch though.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.