Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Borderlands

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Borderlands

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-10-2010 02:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone still playing this? I got a lvl 32 or 33... I forget that I'm playing with right now. I hadn't played online yet since I got the game, started last night and damn if it isn't addictive as hell. I love it right now. Even put blur down!

Anyway, if anyone has a lvl 30ish character and wants to play tonight let me know! :)

I don't want anyone with mods or high level characters in my game, sorry it just takes the challenge away :)

xbl = Kracus

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 09-10-2010 04:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

have a 51 and a 61 siren, so no dice for me. however, thought i'd point out this game, Firefall.

looks kinda borderlands-ish with the shooting and looting but on a free-to-play MMO scale. looks like it might be kinda fun once it comes out.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 09-11-2010 04:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grandpa Stu wrote:
have a 51 and a 61 siren, so no dice for me. however, thought i'd point out this game, Firefall.

looks kinda borderlands-ish with the shooting and looting but on a free-to-play MMO scale. looks like it might be kinda fun once it comes out.

This looks fun, even if completely unoriginal. I mean in all honesty, it's Dune: Tiberium Troopers

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-11-2010 04:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
After the Crystite Wars, humanity inadvertently invited the worst enemy ever conceived: THE MELDING.

:olo:

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 09-11-2010 05:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I play on occasion, 61 hunter and siren. Debating whether to get a soldier up to there for the Claptrap DLC thats coming.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-21-2010 04:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just picked this up on pc for cheap yesterday... im loving it! guns, diablo like leveling and humor. but im only lvl 13 right now, had to go out to drink beer and talk shit lol

is the dlc worth getting?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the DLC is pretty extensive, especially the zombie goodness.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 02:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's actualy going to change next patch, they're going to scale the enemies to the players level to fix that. I hope they fix the other problems with it like the droves of cheaters online.

Hit me up with a friend request fkd, I have a lvl 20 hunter and a few lower level characters too. Maybe we can play tonight when I get home from work. :)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

im up to lvl 19 now. holy jebus this is fun as hell.

@kracus i've been playing lan so i've not setup my gamespy account.. prolly already have one from some random game. but hells yeah, how do i find ya? just player search kracus?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 03:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gamespy!? Pft, loser. I only play on xbox 360 :p

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 03:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

360? ha! everyone knows pc>360

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 04:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gamespy :olo:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 04:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

indeed, hence the lan play

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 04:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I wouldn't feel too bad, the online is completely filled with modders (people who modify the normal stats of weapons and shields). I hear it's extremely bad on the PC cause it's so easy but it's also rampant on xbox live, every 2nd person is using a mod. I find it kinda kills the fun so I only host games and boot anyone I see cheating. It's not that I really care if you cheat or not but it ruins the challenge for me if they cheat in my game which I don't like. I didn't spend money on a game to not play it...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 04:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the only thing i did was enable vsync. (odd you have to edit an ini file to get it) if you remove the challenge by cheating wtf is the point of even playing

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-31-2012 07:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I got this game for Christmas....it is MEGA

Level 15 at the moment and not done too much...big game, lots to do. Very enjoyable.

I have number 2 to start once I have wrapped this one up

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-31-2012 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My son was lvl 50 in 1 day...ur a fucking noob!...

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 12-31-2012 08:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
So I got this game for Christmas....it is MEGA

Level 15 at the moment and not done too much...big game, lots to do. Very enjoyable.

I have number 2 to start once I have wrapped this one up

The first Borderlands or the second?

I like the story and classes of the second much better, but the first is good. I like how it had three play throughs too.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-31-2012 09:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1st, hence it is in the Borderlands thread, not the Borderlands 2 thread ;)

3 play throughs?! Fuuuuuuuu

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-31-2012 10:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's ok... I sold mine because I got fed up with the rampant online cheaters.

btw... don't play online.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 12-31-2012 02:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
1st, hence it is in the Borderlands thread, not the Borderlands 2 thread ;)

3 play throughs?! Fuuuuuuuu

I looked it up, I guess its the same as BL2 where you scale everything to 50 when you beat true vault hunter. Wonder why I remembered three separate play throughs.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-31-2012 03:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
BL2 is great. BL1, on reflection, is a botched-up pile o' shite.

Well it's enjoyable and I do also have BL2 to play through once I have finished this one so I will let you know if I agree

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 12-31-2012 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bought this game on the Steam sale last year and I just don't get it. Way too much time spent comparing weapons. It's not a shooter at all, just a slot machine of loot. Same reason I can't bring myself to play Diablo 3 after beating it on hard or whatever... before the gear grind. Not my thing I guess.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-01-2013 04:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm sticking with this one for now sir - would be rude to abandon a Christmas gift so soon

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-03-2013 01:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This game is MEGA

I seem to be completely addicted to it in a way I have not been to a game since the 2nd Assassins Creed.

Level 22 Hunter (Mordecai) and I have just popped a cap in Skagzilla in the Dahl Headlands. I think I have only just scratched the surface of this game but I am struggling to turn it off. Least it will keep me out of trouble when I am not working and training.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-03-2013 06:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i fuck men...

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 01-03-2013 08:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I beat it once, really liked the finale; but don't really feel like playing through it again on new game + mode. The enemies are too fucking hard and I don't want to grind.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-03-2013 09:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Level 22 Hunter (Mordecai) and I have just popped a cap in Skagzilla in the Dahl Headlands. I think I have only just scratched the surface of this game but I am struggling to turn it off. Least it will keep me out of trouble when I am not working and training.

Bloodwing is the shit, innit? ;)

(don't get too attached to the bird)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-04-2013 12:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah bloodwing is ace - I like the upgrades that come with him. Just doing the ones I think are going to help me at the moment. I have 1 from Sniper, 1 from Rogue and 1 from Gunslinger so far...

Fun game - gonna smash some serious hours in this weekend. All the "bosses" I have fought so far have been easy though; I smashed Sledge and Skagzilla without any issues or deaths

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-06-2013 12:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This game is fucking huge :|

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-13-2013 06:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Broken the back of this now - huge game.
Only level 33 though...fuck knows how long it would have to smash your way up to level 50 :|

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-13-2013 12:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finished the main game; now for the DLC packs... >:E

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-14-2013 02:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I playing The Zombie Island of Dr Ned which is awesome so far; lots of fun to be had and it is completely different to the rest of the game in the visual department. Much fun to be had with Bloodwing and many Zombies :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-14-2013 02:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

doncarlos.blogspot.com

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-14-2013 03:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
doncarlos.blogspot.com

You could also go here instead ;)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.