Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Wii Release Date

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Wii Release Date

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-26-2006 12:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can YOU figure it out? Its "supposed" to be included in this bit of text somewhere... Your guess is as good as mine. I think its 2nd October, but why is FINAL FANTASY in caps...?

""The fourth quarter of 2006 will herald a new era for Nintendo with the launch of its remarkable new Wii home video game system. But that's not what this news item is about! How could that be, you ask? Perhaps the secret to the launch information for Wii is somehow encoded in the text of this news item. You might want to pore over it for a few hours before staying up all night to debate phraseology and comma placement with your friends online. Or maybe it's all just a scam to get you to read the other games we have launching this fall. One of the two.

As the weather cools down, the Nintendo portable game offerings heat up. FINAL FANTASY V ADVANCE makes its way to Game Boy Advance SP on Nov. 6. As series go, FINAL FANTASY is to video games what James Bond is to movies. FINAL FANTASY loyalists will enjoy an opportunity to debate which installment was best.

Nintendo DS owners are the big winners. Every week or so, another huge DS title hits, from the Touch Generations title Clubhouse Games to fan favorites like Elite Beat Agents and Yoshi's Island 2. Clearly a gamer's idea of paradise, here is Nintendo's upcoming DS lineup:

Oct. 9: Clubhouse Games
Oct. 16: Nintendogs (Dalmatian)
Oct. 23: Magical Starsign
Oct. 30: Pokémon Ranger
Oct. 30: Children of Mana
Nov. 6: Elite Beat Agents
Nov. 13: Yoshi's Island 2
Dec. 4: Custom Robo Arena
Dec. 4: Kirby Squeak Squad

And, for Nintendo GameCube owners, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be available for you this fall. An enhanced version also will be a launch title for Wii. That will all happen on... Oh look, we're out of space.

For more information about all of Nintendo's upcoming titles, please visit http://www.nintendo.com."

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 07-26-2006 12:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think they fooled you once. Shame on them.

The new zelda looks sweet though http://www.zelda.com/universe/game/legendzelda/

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-26-2006 01:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

final fantasy brand name has always been in caps. much like DEAD OR ALIVE

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 07-26-2006 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are there any good DS games? Especially multiplayer-wise?

My friend (who is also my neighbour) suggested we both get one. So far the only reason for me to buy one is the webbrowser

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 07-26-2006 02:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
Are there any good DS games? Especially multiplayer-wise?

My friend (who is also my neighbour) suggested we both get one. So far the only reason for me to buy one is the webbrowser

Web browser dont support flash. Im not buying it because of that alone. :(

Theres some decent games tho. I hear Pheonix Wright is good, and trama center is the win. New mario is fun. Nintendogs is fun for a while until the novelty wears off. i really havent played any "bad" ds games honestly. Im sure there out there. but again i dont buy any random game.

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

beep
beep
PostPosted: 07-26-2006 03:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I heard Oct 1st.
Why?
They don't want to release Wii in the same week as a DS hit game. They are releasing it between start of 4th quarter and thanksgiving. That leaves Oct1, and Nov 20, but the latter is after the PS3 comes out, so Oct1 is more likely. It is also a sunday.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-27-2006 12:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
i really havent played any "bad" ds games honestly. Im sure there out there. but again i dont buy any random game.[/color]

There are bad DS games, really. But it's usually pretty obvious which ones are crap.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 07-27-2006 05:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Nintendogs is fun for a while until the novelty wears off.

lol "novelty". you mean you woke up.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-27-2006 05:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dishes->

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 07-27-2006 05:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

done. i leave them around like some people.

next>

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-27-2006 12:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Zelda is not in the 2006 Nintendo Line Up!

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-27-2006 12:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

Of course it is. The Wii one anyways :p Its out at Wii Launch, but they cant give you a date for that can they, otherwise it makes it to easy :p

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-27-2006 12:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:

Of course it is. The Wii one anyways :p Its out at Wii Launch, but they cant give you a date for that can they, otherwise it makes it to easy :p

it wont be!

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 07-27-2006 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:
Nintendogs is fun for a while until the novelty wears off.

lol "novelty". you mean you woke up.

No. I can still say its FUN at first. Its just a novelty title tho.

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 07-27-2006 04:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seems like people are really trying to crack the "code". you figure its going to be out october/novemberish sometime and just leave it at that.

i guess its hard for me to get excited about the wii or any of the new consoles.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.