Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Guild Wars Beta Weekend

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 02:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm sure (as with most other things) the community will come up with massive resources of what stuff will end up looking like with different dye combinations. This dye project was supposed to achieve just that while the game is still in beta so people wouldn't mind donating. I hope it picks up again in the April BEW so we can get something productive out of it all. Of course, a preview option would be ideal.

Having said all that, I'm not too fussed about looking different .. I just dyed Flo all blue at the beginning and left it at that :shrug:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 04:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm stil perplexed as to how the fuck I'm supposed to get iron ingots or where to buy new items. There aren't any stores, just crafters. :dork:

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 05:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Salavage items Trans. Take any weapon you can't use/sell/trade and use a salvage kit on it. You'll get common crafting materials. Use an expert salvage kit to get rare crafting materials or runes/upgrades.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 02:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Run the client and check out the new interface ;)

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 04:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty nice.

Any final word on whether or nor we'll be able to trade our pre-order items? If not, would anyone want to trade keys? I'll be getting the Kanthan Targe (shield) but would like the Ithas Bow or Chimeric Prism.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 04:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm preordering from EBGames.com and will most likely play a Warrior (definitely not a Ranger), so I'll trade with ya. EB gets the bow.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Which of the fansite forums actually gets read by the dev team, if any? I'd like to suggest adding widescreen and/or custom video modes. 856x480p 4xAA or 1920x1080i no AA might be fun to play on my TV.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 05:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All of the Elite forums get read by the devs, but I've seen them be pretty active on The Guild Hall forums.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-30-2005 07:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can have widescreen if you play in windowed mode. That's what I did.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-08-2005 01:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 04-08-2005 06:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy hell, that movie is bloody fantastic. *commences drooling*

April 28 can't come soon enough =o

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 04-08-2005 06:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm pretty damn impatient at this point. 1 week until the next beta goodness.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 12:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Beta event starting in less than 2 standard Earth days bischnells.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 12:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You been reading the stuff regarding the various "Worlds" mate?
'pparently, there are going to be 4 regions to choose from when you create your account:
American
Asian
European
International

If a team from one of the regions holds the Hall of Heroes, it opens portals to special quests and areas for all players of that region.

I'd like to suggest that as we're all spread liberally round the globe, it would probably be best signing ourselves up to the International region come release...

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 12:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea I was a little afraid of that too, but it turns out I was confused as to how Worlds at War works. You sign up for one of the worlds when you create your account. But you can still visit any of the international districts at any point in time. You know how at the moment you see International Districts and Korean Districts? Well in the final game, suppose you join the Europe world, you'll then see International Districts and European Districts. People from the American, European and Korean districts will be able to PvE together at any time in the International Districts. However, the extra unlocked content will only be present in whichever District the team holding the Hall of Heroes is from.

I know that the Australian community will be joining the American Districts (mainly due to the language barrier in the European ones, you'll have French fags and Schiesekopfs rampant in the Euro Districts). Dunno if you guys want to do the same. It'll all be the same in terms of pings and whatnot since the physical servers are present all over the world. Not to mention that the American teams are the ones most likely to hold the Hall of Heroes for the longest. I've heard the Korean teams don't hold up too good against the rest of the world, and the Euros don't stand a chance. I believe all the top guilds consist mainly of North Americans at the moment.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 12:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so.. people are still playing the beta? im shocked..

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 12:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No one is playing the beta. Guild Wars has been cancelled.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
No one is playing the beta. Guild Wars has been cancelled.

Woot!

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn SOAP, I've played more hours of Guild Wars than you've played of WoW. That's fucked considering I only get one chance a month to play it...

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was gonna say .. but then I thought he could have installed Xfire only last week or something. I've clocked 140-150 hours so far in the WPE & last 3 betas.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Damn SOAP, I've played more hours of Guild Wars than you've played of WoW. That's fucked considering I only get one chance a month to play it...

You "think" that..

30 days in game time.. total..

I just dont always log into Xfire ;)

Like to not be bothered sometimes.. ^_^

I am now sick.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 02:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cheer up lad.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 04:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nevermind...

Last edited by Fender on 04-13-2005 04:44 AM, edited 1 time in total.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 04:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dude, that's been flagged as being a scam by Guild Wars Guru + the TGH forums.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 11:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oyoy, I have a buddy pass going spare for anyone who would care to join us this weekend...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 11:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

any chances ?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 12:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First come, first serve :D

In other words Chunk, check yer PMs ;)

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cheers dude, ill prep it up when i finsihed munching :D

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you still want in Memph, I think Game may be stocking the pre-order package now; they've got it listed on their website at least. I was gonna suggest Gameplay.co.u, but to get a key sent to you, you needed to pre-order before today...

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

need one?

lemme dig up a preorder box.

I am now sick.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:
Memphis wrote:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

need one?

lemme dig up a preorder box.

You are a LEGEND :icon32:

Worked at EB, have tons of em..

well.. maybe not tons anymore, but ive got a "full access" key for ya..

I am now sick.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check your PMs

I am now sick.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As soon as you guys are in, message either myself (Thrud The Crippler), or U4EA (Florence Nightngale; yes, without the second "i" in Nightngale), and we'll add you to the guild.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
I love you and I want to carry your babies

*kiss*

Well... Your welcome..

off to play some Secret Of Mana online.. good times there

I am now sick.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
As soon as you guys are in, message either myself (Thrud The Crippler), or U4EA (Florence Nightngale; yes, without the second "i" in Nightngale), and we'll add you to the guild.

ahh lovely, it wont let me do anything till the weekend starts tho (just brings up a message saying im all prepared)

ill do it as soon as i can log in tho :D

thanky again sire

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.