Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What if you're an American, and you're ready to leave?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 08:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yep deep ellum is a good time, and the west end, even found some good clubs in the arts district last time i was there. but yeah, most of the folks are tards

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I had to move, I would pick Barcelona in Spain.....beautiful city, great architecture (Gaudi!), great art and culture, good food, nice weather.

Hmm...or maybe southern France, close to the Riviera and and the Alpes. You can say anything about the French, but the have the best food and the language is so fucking horny if a girl is whispering french words in your ear.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
great architecture (Gaudi!),

You sir have impeccable taste.

KITTY!!
KITTY!!
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 08:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Funny how you made this thread because a friend an I are thinking about moving to america after we graduate :paranoid:.

Its too early to say yet but we're looking into it.

Saying that though, i'd love to spend some time in Japan.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 08:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
saturn wrote:
great architecture (Gaudi!),

You sir have impeccable taste.

hey, i'm a fan of Modernismo and Jugendstil

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DiscoDave wrote:
Funny how you made this thread because a friend an I are thinking about moving to america after we graduate :paranoid:.

Its too early to say yet but we're looking into it.

Saying that though, i'd love to spend some time in Japan.

stick to the west coast and you'll be fine

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 08:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How well would a degree in the US transfer to Canada? There was a lady at work who said her degree in India was nothing like what we have in the US and she had to retake all the classes.

rep
rep
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 09:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you pussy-out now, there's no place for you back here when the citizens overthrow the government after World War III. Stay and fight, or leave forever.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What are you doing to 'fight' rep? :lol: you complacent jacknuts

Bitwise, a degree from the U.S. should be completely transferable as long as it comes from a reputable school.

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
I'd go to either Vancouver, BC, Germany, or England.
There are so many things about this country that make me want to puke, 50 Cent's success for example, and Wal-Mart. Then there's NASCAR. I won't even get into the Orwellian turn our government's taken lately, or the fact that pretty much every foreign policy decision made in this country has been to further corporate interests. What's really starting to get to me is our shit education system, both primary/secondary and the universities.
The thing that I hate the most is feeling disenfranchised, and utterly powerless to fix anything, as the system is inherently flawed.
If things keep going the way they are, I won't allow my daughter to grow up in this dump.

But I like 50 cent.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 03:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/index.html

take the skilled worker test... if you're useful canada will open its arms to you.

sweet:
Quote:
Skilled Worker Self-Assessment
Total Point Score

Your final score is: 73

Here is the breakdown of your total score:
Factor Maximum
Points Your
Score
1 Education 25 20
2 Language Ability 24 18
3 Work Experience 21 21
4 Age 10 10
5 Arranged Employment 10 0
6 Adaptability 10 4
Total Score 100 73

Pass Mark

The pass mark as of September 18, 2003 is 67

Last edited by Dr_Watson on 03-07-2005 03:35 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 03:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
Nightshade wrote:
There are so many things about this country that make me want to puke, 50 Cent's success for example, and Wal-Mart. Then there's NASCAR. I won't even get into the Orwellian turn our government's taken lately, or the fact that pretty much every foreign policy decision made in this country has been to further corporate interests. What's really starting to get to me is our shit education system, both primary/secondary and the universities.
The thing that I hate the most is feeling disenfranchised, and utterly powerless to fix anything, as the system is inherently flawed.
If things keep going the way they are, I won't allow my daughter to grow up in this dump.

But I like 50 cent.

Yes, but you're a slack-jawed dolt.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
Crap, how could I have left out Austria?

Ahhh, Zell am See.

Just came back from skiing there.

Fuckin gorgeous.

I'll post picts when I can.

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
Kracus wrote:
Nightshade wrote:

But I like 50 cent.

Yes, but you're a slack-jawed dolt.

Hey far be it for me to stereotype all walks of life, but you go ahead there you military bush monger.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 04:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not sure you can call it a stereotype when it's somebody who's listened to your life story for 3 years. :lol:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Leave. Get out. I don't want you here if you hate it so much. Really, please get out.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 05:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:

Hey far be it for me to stereotype all walks of life, but you go ahead there you military bush monger.

LOL! Kracus brings the stupid again. Dude, you've been trying to pin this retarded militaristic thing on me for a good long while now, solely because I was in the Corps. That's it. Nothing else I've ever posted has showed any sort of an affinity for military action. Given the fact that I detest Bush and the war in Iraq, how fucking dumb do you think you look right now? (Here's a hint: VERY)

All I did was restate the blatantly obvious, you ARE a slack-jawed dolt, and you have thousands of posts worth of proof that I'm sure you wish oyu could hide. :lol:

Don't be koi
Don't be koi
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 05:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:

And forget about seeing the sun ever again.
:icon25:

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 05:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dr_Watson wrote:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/index.html

take the skilled worker test... if you're useful canada will open its arms to you.

sweet:
Quote:
Skilled Worker Self-Assessment
Total Point Score

Your final score is: 73

Here is the breakdown of your total score:
Factor Maximum
Points Your
Score
1 Education 25 20
2 Language Ability 24 18
3 Work Experience 21 21
4 Age 10 10
5 Arranged Employment 10 0
6 Adaptability 10 4
Total Score 100 73

Pass Mark

The pass mark as of September 18, 2003 is 67

If I married my gf, got better at French, and moved up there after she finishes her bachelors degree I would score an 80.

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
Kracus wrote:

LOL! Kracus brings the stupid again. Dude, you've been trying to pin this retarded militaristic thing on me for a good long while now, solely because I was in the Corps. That's it. Nothing else I've ever posted has showed any sort of an affinity for military action. Given the fact that I detest Bush and the war in Iraq, how fucking dumb do you think you look right now? (Here's a hint: VERY)

All I did was restate the blatantly obvious, you ARE a slack-jawed dolt, and you have thousands of posts worth of proof that I'm sure you wish oyu could hide. :lol:

Lol you fucking idiot, I do it to get you going, cause I KNOW you hate bush and EVERY time I mention the military you come up with some lame very defensive comeback. :icon19:

Yeah I feel REAL stupid right now, moron.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 06:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You should.

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 06:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry I don't.

Please tell me that idiot sig is to mock Dr Geebs too because otherwise that's just something more for me to laugh at today.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 06:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:

If I married my gf, got better at French, and moved up there after she finishes her bachelors degree I would score an 80.

canada is cool enough to recognize common law "partnership" you don't have to be married.
gay is cool to if you wanted to stop calling him "her" ;)

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 06:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Vancouver > *

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 06:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dr_Watson wrote:
bitWISE wrote:

canada is cool enough to recognize common law "partnership" you don't have to be married.
gay is cool to if you wanted to stop calling him "her" ;)

Fag weddings will be federally approved soon. Provincial fag weddings are already taking place. Some religious bigots are railing against it, but their attempts are probably futile.

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 06:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:

Tormentius wrote:
Vancouver > *

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 06:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
MKJ wrote:
ah, MQ made it all better :icon14:

I was kidding about Dallas. It's a horrid city, in a horrid state, in a misguided country.

misguided? we've been fucking hijacked. hello?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 06:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and move to cuba

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 07:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

prince1000 wrote:

51% of the voters say otherwise.

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 07:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Vancouver is nice but it rains too much. Toronto is somewhat overcrowded but still alright, montreal is alright but too many french people.

How is Sweden?
Netherlands?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 07:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
prince1000 wrote:

51% of the voters say otherwise.

based on where this place was going in clinton's last term compared to now is a little more than the simple swaying of public opinion. i agree with you but i think it's more invasive and diabolical than misguided...it's a fucking paradigm shift.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 07:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
I was kidding about Dallas. It's a horrid city, in a horrid state, in a misguided country.

Not all of Texas is bad. Although you couldn't make me move to Dallas at gunpoint. Lived around Ft. Worth a few times and it's not all that bad. But Dallas is a shithole.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 07:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 wrote:
Massive Quasars wrote:

Not all of Texas is bad. Although you couldn't make me move to Dallas at gunpoint. Lived around Ft. Worth a few times and it's not all that bad. But Dallas is a shithole.

fuckin cowpoke :p

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 07:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeeehaawwww! :D

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 07:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

prince1000 wrote:
based on where this place was going in clinton's last term compared to now is a little more than the simple swaying of public opinion. i agree with you but i think it's more invasive and diabolical than misguided...it's a fucking paradigm shift.

Certainly, and I don't want to downplay the changes, but it's not like Americans were oblivious to this before November 2nd. Yet they re-elected Bush with an undisputed margin over Kerry.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.