Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        swords

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: swords

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 11:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice ebay seller with loads of awesome, cheap swords :)

http://stores.ebay.com/Onimusha-Sword_W ... eZl4QQtZkm

Im gonna get me the Houe Of Flying Daggers sword, when the cashflow permits it again

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et fili, et spiritus sancti.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

most swords are hand sharpened btw ;)

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et fili, et spiritus sancti.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 12:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That reverse blade katana is pretty cool.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like a bunch of cheapo stainless wall hangers that only cost about $20 anyway. :icon14:

Edit: Here's some nice stuff:
http://www.casiberia.com/
http://www.j-armory.com/
http://www.kriscutlery.com/company/Prod ... _Menu.html

And here is some amazing stuff:
http://www.bugei.com/

Last edited by Bdw3 on 03-05-2005 12:58 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

axe owns

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'm still waiting for that soccer/rugby lad to sell his sack on ebay :icon14:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 04:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KITTY!!
KITTY!!
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 06:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They do look pretty cheap, but for the price you cant complain.

My housemate has some proper ones that cost about £100 each, fucking leathal.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 06:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:

Except that if you strike anythign with one it will break and splinter in your face. :icon14:

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 10:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bdw3 wrote:
Looks like a bunch of cheapo stainless wall hangers that only cost about $20 anyway. :icon14:

bugei is unbelieveable
also Paul Chen's full tang pratical series rocks if you're on a budget

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 11:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

unless ur buying a sword with plans on using it in battle...ur just a nerdy pussy lotr fagot...

any questions?

PostPosted: 03-05-2005 11:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
unless ur buying a sword with plans on using it in battle...ur just a nerdy pussy lotr fagot...

any questions?

Yeah, did your mother have any children that lived?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 11:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

jesus...thats a pre-70's joke...get a life kid...

PostPosted: 03-05-2005 11:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was a question not a joke son.

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 12:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:

any questions?

the LOTR folk would prefer the medieval swords or cheesy knock-offs. a properly made katana is a work of art and craftsmanship thats barely seen these days. and hell when jihad hits home it's nice to have a personal decapitator.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 01:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The dream is dead. :icon7:

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 01:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck it, guys. It's all over. The dream has hung its hat. The dream kicked the bucket. Image

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 01:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The dream went to answer the last call. The dream went for the big sleep. The dream bit it. The dream bought a pine condo. :icon7:

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 01:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The dream has checked out. It's done like dinner. The dream has faded away. Flatlined. Freed it's spirit. The dream's number was up. The dream's taking a dirt nap. :icon7:

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 01:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The dream has walked the plank. Pushed up daisies. Left the building. :icon7:

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 03:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fury wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:

any questions?

the LOTR folk would prefer the medieval swords or cheesy knock-offs. a properly made katana is a work of art and craftsmanship thats barely seen these days. and hell when jihad hits home it's nice to have a personal decapitator.

When jihad hits home, be sure you join the right team.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 03:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*grabs some saracene saber* :icon19:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 06:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Feedback, are you saying the dream is no more? :tear:

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 06:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fury wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:

any questions?

You don't buy properly made katanas from internet shops.
And you don't buy them for less than $10,000. If it costs less, it's 99% bullshit.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 06:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

true :)

30$ is a joke.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 06:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 06:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bdw3 wrote:

i masturbate to the bugei catalog.

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 07:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon28: I was so going to decorate my whole room with an oriental theme in mind. I'm gonna buy a a couple hundred dollars worth of swords. :D

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 07:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:

the info on fakes is great. i dont think i've seen any fakes on bugei tho. if you know of any please point em out.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 08:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fury wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:

the info on fakes is great. i dont think i've seen any fakes on bugei tho. if you know of any please point em out.

Well, the price alone indicates that these aren't made in the traditional (read: very work-intensive and expensive) way imo.
Can't say for sure, but I can guarantee that a true collector would look down on those. Which says nothing about their sharpness or sturdyness though.

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 08:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
Fury wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:

Well, the price alone indicates that these aren't made in the traditional (read: very work-intensive and expensive) way imo.
Can't say for sure, but I can guarantee that a true collector would look down on those. Which says nothing about their sharpness or sturdyness though.

absolutely, checking the forging process the early folds are done by a repeating hammer before being finished off by hand, instead of the whole process being handmade. some of the vendors in that site you linked have stunning work. especially the shirasayas.

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 08:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well it's obvious those are all cheap fakes but as it stands I have no plans of going on a mass murder sword swinging spree so a fake sword on my wall will look as good as a real one. :smirk:

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 08:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
Well it's obvious those are all cheap fakes but as it stands I have no plans of going on a mass murder sword swinging spree so a fake sword on my wall will look as good as a real one. :smirk:

not really... the real ones on your wall look like works of art, the fake ones look like flea market trash.

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, but I'd rather not have the things hanging on my walls worth more than the walls themselves.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.