Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What beer do you drink?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well alpine and keiths just suck then. :p

PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I honestly never even thought about it but the subject came up last friday. We were all sitting around drinking beer and a friend of mine who I should know better cause he's not too bright, said he hated lagers. He was drinking coors light and he said alpine was a lager and I looked at the bottle and noticed lager on it. So I looked at my bud and didn't find it anywhere and neither on the coors label. Then I found a keiths and it said lager again and I was like "oh maybe that's why I don't like these fucking beers" Guess it was just a coincidence.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keiths is a pale ale not a lager.

PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whatever. I was drunk k?

PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:smirk:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

puff just luves a cold bear in the morning :p

PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Obviously he knows more about beer than I do... I just find something I like and drink it. :p

Only shit I do research on that I do is weed and E. :p

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Like it or not Kracus, Budwiser is a lager. And a shit lager at that.
Ever read the label.
"We know of no brand produced by any bewer that cost so much to brew and age. Our Exclusive Beachwood Ageing process......" Yada yada.

Their Beachwood ageing is actually Beachwood tossed into the bottom of a glass lined vat. It aint aged in Beachwood casks like thay used to portray.

And costs so much to brew? Rice and corn are the cheapest way to brew. Barleys, hops and malts are what makes a real beer or lager or ale shine.

Not dissing your beer But Anhiser Bush sucks.

Hence the term "Swill beer" that I used.

Sure you can get a head on and get all warm and tostey, but there are many other beers, ales stoughts that cost the same with more taste and more potent for about the same price.
Unless your like me and go for the Best beers in the world.

Wake up and smell the hops. The top fermented Ales, the best tastes.

The Tripple I mentiond From New Belgium Brewery Only costs 7 bucks a six pack, and in bottles. And at 7.8% itll bang yor buck.

Not an argument here. Just thought Id share.

:)

Last edited by ForM on 03-03-2005 04:03 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm faintly horrified that a picture of a Budweiser label made it into a thread about beer

PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh no offense taken either I'm aware a lot of peeps hate bud. :)

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not a matter of hating it. It's the fact that it's actually a very pale green.

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The morning after shits will let you know if ya drank skank beer.

I used to swill that crap. Never again.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ForM wrote:
To those of you that mentioned Fat Tire by New Belgium Brewry, thay also make Blue Paddel (A shit Lager) and Tripple. (Old Belguim Ale.) Triple is 7.8 ABV and smooth. Creamy yet not to heavy as you would think.

You guys that live for the better tastes also might want to get a bottle of Samual Adams Double Chocolate Boch (brewed seasonly just after xmas)

Chimay Grand Reserve is also one fine Ale From Belguim. Expensive but with the taste smells and potent 9.0% ABV well worth every penney.

Im glad to see you lot arnt a bunch of swill beer drinkers and that most of you have more class and knowledge about beers than I would have expected.

So as I uncork a Bottle of Chimay Grand Reserve tonight, I will hold my glass up to all of you that replied.

Cheers.

:)

Chimay is quite lovely. Have you ever tried/do you like Leffe or Orval?

PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geebs wrote:
It's not a matter of hating it. It's the fact that it's actually a very pale green.

I've never noticed it being green before and I've looked at it more than a few times... it's looks pretty much golden to me.

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No I havent yet, thay are next on the list after we finish of the Grand Reserve.

We was looking to get some Duval in to try out but sadly it aint available from his distributor.

PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ForM wrote:
No I havent yet, thay are next on the list after we finish of the Grand Reserve.

We was looking to get some Duval in to try out but sadly it aint available from his distributor.

Duval is a real strong beer, it has like 8.5%
Drank it for awhile but can't drink more than 4 so I am back to
only 5% or so, b'cause I like to drink beer and not getting drunk
already.

Pete

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 04:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ForM, you should also try to find this if you can. I'm betting you'd like it.

http://www.unibroue.com/products/fin.cfm

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon14: I can only hope its available from our distributor.

If not there are other ways of snaging a few bottles. Shelf life with top fermented beers only makes it better with age. Looks like a good addition to a collection.

And pete, sorry to hear that from you. Id sooner drink one 750 mill bottle than 13 12oz botles.

:p

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy shit pete I just noticed you said 4 bottles at a sitting. Are those 750 mill bottles or?

If 750 your a fuckin alchie like Memphis.
:icon1:

Swiller of Beer
Swiller of Beer
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It always seems to me that Bud always gets (in a can) warmer quicker than anything else? (is that just me?)

I'll drink any beer that is handed to me, after the first one they are easy to drink no matter how shitty the first one is.

I do like to experiment and try the good beers, but my normal drinking habit {which is nightly) is watery lite beer, usually coors lite.

When I get snobby its gonna be over bourbon and scotch. :)

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dukester wrote:
It always seems to me that Bud always gets (in a can) warmer quicker than anything else? (is that just me?)

Nope its true. You need a beer huger.[/color

I'll drink any beer that is handed to me, after the first one they are easy to drink no matter how shitty the first one is. [color=#9AC4F2]

Dont everyone?

I do like to experiment and try the good beers, but my normal drinking habit {which is nightly) is watery lite beer, usually coors lite.

Morning shitters suck dont thay?

When I get snobby its gonna be over bourbon and scotch. :)

lmao@snobby. Im no snob when Im drinking the better stuff. I certainly dont take my stuff over to a friends. But I will share if thay come here. Mostly thay are like a lot of others, claimeing it to heavy on their stomic.

:shrug:

PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't get the morning shits or a hangover drinking bud.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nah, you just find a condom where it shouldnt be :P

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Drink a few more. Or for a few more years. You will.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
prince1000 wrote:
hacker-pshorr
paulaner
anything hefe weizen
smithwicks/guiness/new castle
any IPA, usually harpoon or sierra nevada (more bitter the better)
Yard's (ales), local brewery a couple blocks away.
modelo negra
bohemian
red stripe
grolsch
fischer
high life
pabst
black label
sam adams
yuengling

oh so much beer

The word 'eclectic' springs to mind. Seriously, High Life? Pabst? WTF are they doing in that list?

i love them all, too much some say

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OH WAIT I FORGOT TO ADD COORS LIGHT, THE COLDEST TASTING BEER IN THE WORLD!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i also see you missed out stella artois

sup with that ? :mad:

PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Form it's 341 ml but I can't drink as much as in my twenties.
Only 6 to 8 .
I used to drink a lot.
Started while in secondary school, we had a brasserie on the corner street. Used to eat a pea soup with crusty bread with
beers. 17YO.

To all of you here, I am not a good example.
I managed to enter the Uni years later with equivalent knowledge,
b'cause in the mean time I read a lot.

I am still an alcoholic Thouhg.

So to all of you my friends...
Know that alcoholism can be as worst as strong drugs.

I see that most of you are really clever...Don't destroy it.

Sorry but I am the 47YO...And I now have a bac in psycho sociology, remember?

Take care!
Pete

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe that Bud is technically a pilsener. Fucking monumentally shitty one at that.

PostPosted: 03-03-2005 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ForM wrote:
Drink a few more. Or for a few more years. You will.

Beleive me I drink enough...

Swiller of Beer
Swiller of Beer
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 06:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ForM wrote:
lmao@snobby. Im no snob when Im drinking the better stuff. I certainly dont take my stuff over to a friends. But I will share if thay come here. Mostly thay are like a lot of others, claimeing it to heavy on their stomic.

[/color]

:shrug:

I don't mean that in a bad way, I probably should have said "discriminating" :) . I have no problem with anyone who is interested in searching out brewing or distilling perfection. :D

and on to other comments...

And coors lite is one of the coldest tasting beers in the world, but it is also one of the most weakest tasting beers too, I know I put away a shitload!

IMO the whole "shits" thing is, for me at least crappola :D
I've been hearing that since Schlitz will give you the shits never have had the shits because of beer and I've drank a lot of beer in the last 26 years :icon26:

Last edited by Dukester on 03-03-2005 06:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 06:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
I believe that Bud is technically a pilsener. Fucking monumentally shitty one at that.

If you like pilsner, try Pilsner Urquell. I'm pretty sure you can find it down there. It's brewed in Plzen, Czech Republic the birthplace of pilsners. I'm drinking one now. Damn fine beer, it's got a bit of a bitter flavour kind of nutty, very crisp.

:drool:

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've had Pilsner Urqell, it's a good beer. :icon14:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 06:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome is pretty awesome. Shakespeare even drank them, high alcohol content but damn smooth.

I like this stuff very much. I've tried their India Ale too which is quite good.

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 06:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I havent had the luck to grab that Samual Smiths. Being seasonal and in smaller quantities its is useually gobbeled up there in the uk.

I did like their Oatmeal Stout tho.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.