Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What beer do you drink?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: What beer do you drink?

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 07:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you drink beer, what beer do you drink?
Do you drink a beer daily and if so what is it named and where is it brewed.

Are you dedicated to this brewry or do buy others. Do you wish you could buy a better beer, ale, stout or barlywine?

Have you ever had better than a Coors or Budwiser or anyother not intendid for the masses type Brew.

Im seriously intrested from all of the posters here.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HEINEKEN all the way!

PostPosted: 03-02-2005 07:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can’t drink beer, it doesn’t agree with my transparency. Goes straight through me it does

Back & Forth
Back & Forth
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 07:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i drink Corona actually, its just a good "chill" beer.

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 07:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Killian's Irish Red

that is if I could drink :paranoid:

PostPosted: 03-02-2005 07:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You already know what I drink. :p

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 07:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lots of beer. I tend to switch it up a fair bit. My local bar has about 20 beers on tap, all microbrewery or Euro stuff like Guiness.

Canadian beers
Southern Ontario-
Creemore Lager and Urbock in the winter
Wellington Arkel (best bitter cask conditioned)
Wellington Iron Duke
Waterloo Dark Ale
Cameron's Auburn Ale
Cameron's Lager

Quebec-
Blanche De Chambly
La Fin Du Monde

Alberta-
Grasshopper Wheat Ale

Nova Scotia-
Alexander Keith's Pale Ale
Moosehead

International beers
Pilsner Urquell
Staropramen
Kingfisher
Fuller's London Pride
Smithwick's
Newcastle Brown Ale

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 08:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I rarely drink beer at all, but when I do, it's usually Guinness. I love that stuff. I found a place that has Beamish on tap, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm told it's good so maybe I'll have some this weekend.

If I'm just at a party and the only thing to drink is what other people bring, I like to drink Leinenkugel's Honeyweiss because it's palatable and usually a given that someone has it along.

Other decent stuff is Fat Tire, Bass, and Harp.
Most everything else I either don't like or rarely drink.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 08:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AKA

and

when i dont wanna get to pissed

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 08:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gulden Drakk
Newcastle
BJ's Nutty Brunette
Bud Light

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 09:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love beer.
My favorite type's hefe-weizen. Specifically, the Paulaner and Red Hook brands.

I never cared for Bass or Guinness much, I think they taste flat compared to Murphy's Irish Stout - I love that stuff when I can get it.

Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale is good, I drink that a lot since it's one of the good ones that they'll serve at bars around here.

After that, I like red ales and just about anything dark. One of the best beers I've had is called Delirium Tremens, but it's not really an every day kind of beer. Plus it costs about 12 bucks a bottle since it's imported from Belgium.

We have a Flying Saucer here in town, and they have around 100 beers on tap and 150 or so bottled I think. And the girls wear catholic schoolgirl uniforms. And big comfortable couches with coffee tables. My favorite place in the world to have a beer, since they also have open mic nights and pint nights (where you get to take the stamped pint glass home with you).

I used to drink tons of shitty lite beer, but I don't anymore unless it's a free pitcher or out of a keg. I've turned into a Beer Knurd -- I like the flavor. :icon32:

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 09:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alexander Keiths
Granville Island Winter Ale
Guinness
Kilkenny
Shaftebury Honey Ale
Maudite

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 09:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I no longer drink but when I did I liked "Anchor Steam Beer"

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 10:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My everyday beers are Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark and Foster's.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 10:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:

Granville Island

they make good beer, don't know if I've had their winter brew or not, but i try and stop by there anytime i am close to it.

I drink LaConner Brewing Co.'s India Pale Ale (LaConner WA) non stop and only vary in the winter brew season when I'll drink Full Sail Wassal Ale (Hood River, OR) and Pyramid Snow Cap (Seattle, WA)

Swiller of Beer
Swiller of Beer
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 10:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
I used to drink tons of shitty lite beer, but I don't anymore unless it's a free pitcher or out of a keg. I've turned into a Beer Knurd -- I like the flavor. :icon32:

I still do, usually silver bullets or bud lite. Mainly because I drink beer after work every day. I'm looking for more of a "thirst quencher with a buzz" after a shitty day and both of those watery beers do the trick. Also after mowing the lawn I'd rather have a freezing cold coors lite than some heavy beer. Still I will drink anything handed to me and I do like Canadian, English and German beers, but only when I'm in that I'm drinking mood.

I'm way more of a bourbon and scotch Knurd :)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 10:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
I love beer.
My favorite type's hefe-weizen. Specifically, the Paulaner and Red Hook brands.

if you can ever get your hands on widmer hefe, don't think twice. not quite paulaner, but way better than red hook.

sad thing about red hook is that its now brewed all over the place, if you ever get out to seattle make sure you stop buy their pub, it really does taste better out here.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 10:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hacker-pshorr
paulaner
anything hefe weizen
smithwicks/guiness/new castle
any IPA, usually harpoon or sierra nevada (more bitter the better)
Yard's (ales), local brewery a couple blocks away.
modelo negra
bohemian
red stripe
grolsch
fischer
high life
pabst
black label
sam adams
yuengling

oh so much beer

berserker
berserker
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 10:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bacardi Silver
Budweiser

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 11:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heineken, Grolsch, Amstel, Kronenbourg if I'm snowboarding in France

Don't be koi
Don't be koi
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 11:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Christ, if I were an alcoholic I would've fallen off the bandwagon reading this thread.

Lately I've been drinking Guiness Draught & Smirnoff Ice (I know, I know)

Corona for a lighter beer.
Sam Adams, always good and pretty easy to get
Guiness for when I want a drink & a meal in the same glass.
Fat Tire
Boulevard (Kansas City, MO brewery. Not sure how far they distribute)
Heineken
Grolsch
Coors Light if I want a bubbly glass of water
Rolling Rock is pretty decent

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 12:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
Kronenbourg if I'm snowboarding in France

Lol we always do that too :icon19: :icon19:

Also i'm not a big beer fan, but i like white beer. Any sort.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 01:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

amstel is the worst.. no wait Leeuw is :yuck:

grolsch & heineken is where its at

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 01:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
amstel is the worst.. no wait Leeuw is :yuck:

you haven't tried schlitz?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 01:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nope?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 01:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

good, don't. liquid shitz :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 01:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon19: i'll stay clear then :icon14:

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 01:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon25:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ringnes Vørterøl

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

corona, tastes nice and it's in a bottle. pint of wife beater if the pub doesn't serve corona.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whatever's cheap which is usually XXXX, Fosters or Carlsberg. If i were made of money i'd go for Holsten Pils

oo, or Hoegaarden:

Last edited by phantasmagoria on 03-03-2005 03:35 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

very nice beer - not to bitter but still quite tasty; not to heavy but still not flushy.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Warsteiner, various Sam Adams, Killian's, Guinness, Harp, Bass, Red Oak, various Saranac ales and lagers, Heineken occasionally, and when I'm back home I patronize my friend's microbrewery. They make some fantastic stuff, Firehouse Amber Ale, Dead Horse Ale, Ringworm Ale, Payday, Duck's Breath, lots of good stuff.

edit: Mein Gott! How could I have forgotten the hefeweizen?

Last edited by Nightshade on 03-03-2005 03:35 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

some more light stuff. easy to drink in higher quantities (>2.5l ) without stuffing you to much.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 03:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

prince1000 wrote:
hacker-pshorr
paulaner
anything hefe weizen
smithwicks/guiness/new castle
any IPA, usually harpoon or sierra nevada (more bitter the better)
Yard's (ales), local brewery a couple blocks away.
modelo negra
bohemian
red stripe
grolsch
fischer
high life
pabst
black label
sam adams
yuengling

oh so much beer

The word 'eclectic' springs to mind. Seriously, High Life? Pabst? WTF are they doing in that list?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.