Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        new wolfenstein announced by id

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: new wolfenstein announced by id

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 03:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i thought wolfenstein was a flop

please

no more ww2 games

Quote:
If you missed the news from the X05 event in Amsterdam this week, we are extremely excited to announce that the next installment of Wolfenstein is now in development for the Xbox 360 and PC! Wolfenstein is one of the greatest franchises in first-person gaming, and we've turned to our friends at Raven Software to help us create something really special.

This new chapter in the legendary Wolfenstein series delivers players deep behind the enemy lines of a war-torn Germany, where Nazi experiments with technology and the supernatural threaten to turn the tide of World War II. Utilizing a revolutionary new graphics technology targeted specifically at next generation hardware, the new Wolfenstein experience will draw players into a seamless world of unmatched exploration, action, and espionage.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 03:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hate to be a cunt, but your about 3 months late.

Oh, and its being made for the 360, with the PC version afterwards, so its a port.

And just to add a new bit of info not in this thread, wolf 2 will be "seamless", and will feature on the fly loading, which means players get dumped at the start of the game, and from then on in, it wont load load again, it will just load what it needs to on the fly, making it a huge world.

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 03:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thw loading thing's kind of cool, shame I never enjoywed Wolf that much, ok for a quick game though.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 03:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lets see if it has co-op that we dont want and isnt possible because of the scriptingsystem and very immersive storyline

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 03:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And Wolf a flop? Hardly ;) It has some of the best MP ever to feature in an online game. Infact if it wasn't for Wolf, most of the team based games that people play online now wouldn't be the same.

Remember, Wolf came when Quake 3 was THE online game to be playing. People went from playing an under detailed game where you didn't really have to do more than point/click, to a game that destroyed your system and forced you to actually play a different set of rules. It was great fun.

And because of that game alone, I cant NOT use the fucking Thompson in WWX games... Even though the MP40 was the same, i STILL had to use the Thompson, even waiting for 10/20 mins just to get on the allied side because i liked it more. I cant play CoD that well unless its a Thompson I'm shooting Jerry with, whats that about...?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 03:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
lets see if it has co-op that we dont want and isnt possible because of the scriptingsystem and very immersive storyline

It will be in the 360 version, of course. And then, suddenly, disapear when it comes to the PC, because of, erm... I dunno, we just dont want it right!

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 03:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
And because of that game alone, I cant NOT use the fucking Thompson in WWX games... Even though the MP40 was the same, i STILL had to use the Thompson, even waiting for 10/20 mins just to get on the allied side because i liked it more. I cant play CoD that well unless its a Thompson I'm shooting Jerry with, whats that about...?

Yeah, that's probably because you're a huge nerd.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 03:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
o'dium wrote:

Yeah, that's probably because you're a huge nerd.

Quite possibly, yes.

Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 03:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:rtcw:

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 04:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This pleases us. We are great fans of Wolfenstein and applaud id for making this fortuitous decison. They shall be spared.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 04:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

maybe not a flop

but ww2 games have been done to death

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the SP game too. I know the MP sold it for most people, but I never really got into it.

No speaka chinee
No speaka chinee
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I remember having great fun with the Flamethrower in the MP part of the game.
Come on people, it was one of the greatest weapon effects of the time, still is.

I do not know about you, but I just absolutly loved the multiplayer, still do!

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 07:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turbine wrote:
I remember having great fun with the Flamethrower in the MP part of the game.
Come on people, it was one of the greatest weapon effects of the time, still is.

I do not know about you, but I just absolutly loved the multiplayer, still do!

Stunning effect, really was. I remember Unreal 2 and PC Gamer saying "the flame thrower owns the shit out of the RtCW one, its that good". Then what did we get? Yeah, THAT thing :olo:

PostPosted: 11-17-2005 07:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, Unreal 2, that was a pile of shit

eepberries
eepberries
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 05:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It would be great if they based Wolfenstein off of the Hellsing manga. Well since I'm sure none of you know it, the story goes like this:

Alucard is a fucking kickass vampire, like the baddest of them all. Hellsing is the organization he works for. Hellsing is an organization run by the British government to combat vampires and the occult. After World War 2, a select group of Nazis went into hiding in Africa. This group was the remaining survivors of the Nazi's Millenium project. This project was created by Hitler to research deeply into vampires and the occult. The ultimate goal was to create an unstoppable army of vampires led by an elite group of occultists that would be the world's dominating power for the next millenium. During World War 2 however, Alucard and his team mate were sent into the Millenium operations center to destroy the project in its infancy. This was near the end of World War 2. The leaders of the project managed to escape unharmed, and moved themselves to Africa to continue the project in secret.

Shift to current times. The Millenium group is finally ready to go on an all out attack on the world after over half a century of rebuilding. Armed with hundreds if not thousands of vampire soldies with mp40s, greandes, panzerfausts, etc, an elite group of occult warriors, and a fleet of Hindenburg replicas, they invade Britain and take it by storm. They fly all of their troops over from Africa to Britain in the Hindenburgs, and they all parachute out over London and just fucking destroy everything and everybody. Alucard and a few other important Hellsing members are still intact however, and thus the stage is set for one hell of a war.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 08:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hate wrote:

please

no more ww2 games

our last dinner was a flop..I demand a rematch

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 09:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

eepberries wrote:
It would be great if they based Wolfenstein off of the Hellsing manga. Well since I'm sure none of you know it, the story goes like this:

Alucard is a fucking kickass vampire, like the baddest of them all. Hellsing is the organization he works for. Hellsing is an organization run by the British government to combat vampires and the occult. After World War 2, a select group of Nazis went into hiding in Africa. This group was the remaining survivors of the Nazi's Millenium project. This project was created by Hitler to research deeply into vampires and the occult. The ultimate goal was to create an unstoppable army of vampires led by an elite group of occultists that would be the world's dominating power for the next millenium. During World War 2 however, Alucard and his team mate were sent into the Millenium operations center to destroy the project in its infancy. This was near the end of World War 2. The leaders of the project managed to escape unharmed, and moved themselves to Africa to continue the project in secret.

Shift to current times. The Millenium group is finally ready to go on an all out attack on the world after over half a century of rebuilding. Armed with hundreds if not thousands of vampire soldies with mp40s, greandes, panzerfausts, etc, an elite group of occult warriors, and a fleet of Hindenburg replicas, they invade Britain and take it by storm. They fly all of their troops over from Africa to Britain in the Hindenburgs, and they all parachute out over London and just fucking destroy everything and everybody. Alucard and a few other important Hellsing members are still intact however, and thus the stage is set for one hell of a war.

thats a retarded idea.

if you want to make hellsing the game, make it. wolfenstein is not hellsing.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 11-17-2005 11:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hate wrote:
please

no more ww2 games

someone should make a wwI game where you just sit in a trench and throw hand grenades... then rush out and get cut to pieces by a machine gun nest.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-18-2005 01:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye this is very old news, but good news none the less.
Im lookin forward to a bit of squad based action with some chums ;)

FragaGeddon
FragaGeddon
PostPosted: 11-18-2005 01:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You wanna do what with your chums?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-18-2005 01:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You heard...

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 11-18-2005 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dr_Watson wrote:

someone should make a wwI game where you just sit in a trench and throw hand grenades... then rush out and get cut to pieces by a machine gun nest.

And poison gas, that'd be awesome.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-18-2005 04:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hate wrote:
maybe not a flop

LOL. nice back step, running shit in mouth.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 11-18-2005 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gee wiz id, did you have to pick Raven to make it? :barf:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-18-2005 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
hate wrote:

please

no more ww2 games

our last dinner was a flop..I demand a rematch

time

and place

turing says hi

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-18-2005 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
hate wrote:
maybe not a flop

LOL. nice back step, running shit in mouth.

a flop to me

not to others

and no racial flaming in gd

Obliv0brain

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-18-2005 04:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last edited by hate on 11-18-2005 05:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-18-2005 05:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh my

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-18-2005 05:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'm going to let this stay

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.