Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        This girl is..

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: This girl is..

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not bad. Kinda boring, though.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Tony Royster Jr. clip is probably better, i don't see what was so sick in that video...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
The Tony Royster Jr. clip is probably better, i don't see what was so sick in that video...

Good timing, dynamics and polyrhythms. Her fills were kinda boring though. I guess it suits the music.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:

:)

PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The drum solo in the White Lion version of Radar Love pwns :D

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hehe. Well thing is, you gotta understand that there are but a handful of females who play drums, most of which are boom bash boom bash types like meg white from white stripes or the chick from the corrs. There are even fewer female drummers ( you could count on one hand ) who can compete with the dominance of male drummers who are technically very elite. What's special about this girl is that she is incredibly technically competent, but more than just being a female and giving her a sympathy vote, she wipes the floor with thousands of male drummers, pro or not. She's not tony royster but she's fucking good.

PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I try not to segregate male musicians from female musicians... If they can make it to the big time, then must be doing something right. Most times people in bands play music for the band, not for themselves (I'm sure you already know all this anyways), so it's not always easy for them to shine.

With that said I think the donna's have a good guitarist.

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why is it that with a lot of these amazing drummers, the music they play too is extremely lame?

oh yeah!
oh yeah!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What the fuck? I expected to see a girl sucking on two gigantic cocks or shitting on herself. I could not have been more dissappointed.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tony Royster Jr. and his parents spent the night at my house back in the mid-90s. My mother is a music teacher and was able to get them in for a clinic. In those days, Tony was like, 11 if I remember correctly, and his father played guitar in the group that featured Tony.

It was a cool experience.

eepberries
eepberries
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Deathshroud wrote:
Why is it that with a lot of these amazing drummers, the music they play too is extremely lame?

PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The same thing with Godsmacks bass player

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 06:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
Tony Royster Jr. and his parents spent the night at my house back in the mid-90s. My mother is a music teacher and was able to get them in for a clinic. In those days, Tony was like, 11 if I remember correctly, and his father played guitar in the group that featured Tony.

It was a cool experience.

No kidding? That's a cool story mogul. Noone really knows what happened to TR jnr these days, but he is an awesome player for sure.

PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

speaking of incredible...

http://www.fungod.com/coppermine/displa ... =15&pos=63

i dont remember if i had posted that before, but igot his cd and its pretty good.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Deathshroud wrote:

Well it's not lame, it's just personal taste. Not everyone is into metal or whatever and not everyone is into fusion. Besides, her
style of playing wouldn't work in say, dream theatre anymore than mike portnoys style would work in fusion.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:

Vito Bratta was excellent.

Last edited by +JuggerNaut+ on 11-01-2005 07:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bratta

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:

i dont remember if i had posted that before, but igot his cd and its pretty good.

Seen that clip before. He's a monster player.

PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
andyman wrote:

is that keller williams?

anyhow, andyman check out anything with Peter Erskine, Billy Cobham, Dave Weckl, David Garibaldi for starters. These are some of the true masters.

that's justin king....i was able to see his name in the credits after i watched it like 30 times, thats how i found his cd.
will do

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
andyman wrote:

is that keller williams?

anyhow, andyman check out anything with Peter Erskine, Billy Cobham, Dave Weckl, David Garibaldi for starters. These are some of the true masters.

i would have to agree. picked up Weckl's Multiplicity two weeks ago or so. excellent album.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Bratta

too slow u

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dude thats nothin
every black church in america has a drummer that can do all that and more

PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo::olo::olo::olo::olo::olo:

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:

pfft..

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/Virg ... iband.html

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/VirgilDonati1.html

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

stocktroll wrote:
dude thats nothin

Lol dude, gospel chops.com has tons of serious black players video clips. Tell me something I don't know.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaziganthe wrote:
drum, what do you think of the slipknot drummer? i always thought he was pretty talented, but maybe he's just fast?

Yuk. He's shite. He has the speed and some technique but his solos are 'look how fast I can play, but don't expect anything musical in my solos, I'm all about the feet ' He's great as a showman though for the fans, I can't knock that.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

uninspiring

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gospel chops.com :olo:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 07:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:
stocktroll wrote:
dude thats nothin

Lol dude, gospel chops.com has tons of serious black players video clips. Tell me something I don't know.

then why u make this thread as if this "sick" girl was doing anything special :confused:

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 08:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

stocktroll wrote:
DRuM wrote:
stocktroll wrote:
dude thats nothin

then why u make this thread as if this "sick" girl was doing anything special :confused:

If you knew anything about drumming you wouldn't need to ask that. Then again, I'm here to educate you.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 10:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:
andyman wrote:

pfft..

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/Virg ... iband.html

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/VirgilDonati1.html

jesus... how expensive is all that kit?

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 10:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No idea, and I doubt virgil knows either. He gets it all for free. :icon26:

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 10:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

being a drummer has to be pretty expensive though... not only do you need to buy all that equipment. you have to hire 3 sherpas and a pack mule to haul it around for you.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.