Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 04:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
i feel sorry for someone who thinks getting a tinted windshield is an event worth mentioning to other people as real news

especially if that person lives in a poor neighbourhood

Even more sad, this place is the only thing new in your world. :olo:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea he's end of testing now but b4 he was serious!

seriously limited on perspectives out of his comfort zone

no offense tho ey just trying to prompt you into a little much needed personal evelotion

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 08:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
seremtan wrote:
i feel sorry for someone who thinks getting a tinted windshield is an event worth mentioning to other people as real news

especially if that person lives in a poor neighbourhood

Even more sad, this place is the only thing new in your world. :olo:

even sadder still, this post makes no sense :|

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 09:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
even sadder still, this post makes no sense :|

The saddest, you don't understand a simple statement.

stupidtan :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 09:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think we ever got an answer out of Gramps. Did he really tint his windshield? Unbelievably moronic...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when you live in a poor neighbourhood with no sidewalks having a tinted windshield probably counts as pretty pimp among all the other white bread rednecks :|

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And he'll still wear his Oakleys while driving :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
when you live in a poor neighbourhood with no sidewalks having a tinted windshield probably counts as pretty pimp among all the other white bread rednecks :|

I guess when you're a poor, jealous old man you'll make up things to feel better about your own pathetic existence. :olo:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whoa backpedal city ey!

it demiens you to think that people would believe it isnt

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 02:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Our rental car in Korea a few years back was a tinted one. Had never been in one really (they're exceedingly rare here), so i was surprised to see what it did to your visibility at night; reduce that shit significantly, to the point where we were uncomfortable driving after dark.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 04:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tinted windows look awesome but tinting your windshield? Isn't that illegal? At least it is where I'm from, hell if you tint any window too dark around here the cops will pull you over and make you remove the tint.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 04:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh yeah, same here from a certain % up. I believe there a possible correlation between that fact and the fact that they're very rare indeed.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 04:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's Florida... Grow up naive chumps...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 05:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I think here it's 50% for rear windows and 25% for the front passenger/driver windows and absolutely no tint on windshields.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 06:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tinted windows is extremely common and I prefer it, keeps the vehicle cooler. But tinting the windshield is unheard of. And if you do it, you're a complete retard...

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 06:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still breakin' necks!

I'm holding off on the crowd pleasers for now, No crazy multi color light shows. I picked up the zAutomotive TaZer that allows me to enable a bunch of performance features and the police Light shows that attract some attention with all my lights strobing. .

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 06:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Yeah I think here it's 50% for rear windows and 25% for the front passenger/driver windows and absolutely no tint on windshields.

http://tintlaws.com/ this site has up to date laws for each state.
Been tinting my windows, since I have some mental issue with leaving my car at a shop overnight... practicing with the cheap stuff will move to the more expensive stuff in the spring.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 06:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice ride man, really love that car. So based on that site you mentioned then what Gramps is doing with his car is in fact illegal.

http://tintlaws.com/florida-window-tint-law.php

edit: btw, did you know there's actually 4 species of Giraffes? :p

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 09:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
seremtan wrote:

I guess when you're a poor, jealous old man you'll make up things to feel better about your own pathetic existence. :olo:

yes that was my point PoorJellypa :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 09:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
And he'll still wear his Oakleys while driving :olo:

he likes things really dim :olo:

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 11:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Nice ride man, really love that car. So based on that site you mentioned then what Gramps is doing with his car is in fact illegal.

http://tintlaws.com/florida-window-tint-law.php

edit: btw, did you know there's actually 4 species of Giraffes? :p

Thank you.

Most cars at least in my area with (no front tint allowed) are illegal, it's just a matter of paying the ticket. ..,of course I read about the new species of giraffe a while back. Here is another reason why Giraffes are awesome.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 12:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hah! That's awesome!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

Who would have thought window tinting would cause such a stir? Our car is 35% all the way around. Tinting the front is quite common (legal or not). It's great for shorter people like my wife who don't benefit from sun visors. It also helps keep the car cooler and protects the interior. Our last car had a tinted windshield like this one and there have never been any noticeable difficulties driving at night. The interior was also in perfect shape after 5 years and 170,000 miles.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
yes that was my point PoorJellypa :olo:

Now that you've come to grips with your problem do something about it.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 02:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

170k? That's a lot of miles.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 03:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Every day driver. 100 miles round trip to work every day. 230 X 5 x 100 = 115,000 miles just back and forth to work.

Got to be comfortable for all that windshield time.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Big news in Thailand. I get to wear black to work for a year.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 11:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I am off to the Gold Coast tomorrow for a week Image

Returned and have to catch up reading and throw you all some photos perhaps tomorrow :dork:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-15-2016 01:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Every day driver. 100 miles round trip to work every day. 230 X 5 x 100 = 115,000 miles just back and forth to work.

I guess that's the norm for such a large country? Mines now 42 per day. 21 on the way home can take 60 mins. One of the issues of living in a very old town.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-15-2016 01:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:

that's a whole lotta R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

PostPosted: 10-15-2016 02:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
feedback wrote:

that's a whole lotta R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Absolutely. It's like if JFK ruled for 70 years before the Jews got him.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-15-2016 02:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

I guess that's the norm for such a large country? Mines now 42 per day. 21 on the way home can take 60 mins. One of the issues of living in a very old town.

I travel to a different County for work most days. It's a 70 mile round trip but I car share to keep costs down. £6.50 a day parking, £6.60 for the bridge and £8 in fuel every day takes its toll on the wallet.

But it does mean I keep my mileage down to 12k a year this way. Also sounds like Gwamps does a long motorway stint so the engine damage would be minimal.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 10-15-2016 04:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do a ~50 mile roundtrip to work and back - ~1.45 hours a day. The distance is fine, getting stuck behind slow moving buses and lorry's on B roads where overtaking opportunities are minimal is not. Don't get me started with school traffic >:(.

Looking to moving to doing a couple of days a week working from home though. 20 second commute can't be beat.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-15-2016 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I travel to a different County for work most days. It's a 70 mile round trip but I car share to keep costs down. £6.50 a day parking, £6.60 for the bridge and £8 in fuel every day takes its toll on the wallet.

But it does mean I keep my mileage down to 12k a year this way. Also sounds like Gwamps does a long motorway stint so the engine damage would be minimal.

That's my wife's to-and-from. Her commute is just under an hour one way as we don't live too far from the interstate highway. I drive a company vehicle and put in a lot more windshield time. Yesterday my round trip was 250 miles. The 2014 Nissan I drive has 113K+ miles on it.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-15-2016 09:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:

You're not obligated to though. :alert:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.