Previous topic | Next topic 

Stay or leave the EU ?
Stay  57%  [ 15 ]
Leave  42%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 26
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Brexiting is closer than I thought it would be

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 08:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Ryoki wrote:
Got as far as the first (and according to him his most important) argument 'Britain should retain it's souvereignity' and switched it off. Yes, Brits, you have it right; this whole EU thing is a carefully designed plot by a German-French alliance, we're coming to take away your queen and tell you that increasing the price of a pack of cigarettes might just be a good idea.

By god! To the beaches! They will never take us alive! Idiots :olo:

You know what, I say go on and leave the EU, you guys are nothing but trouble - blocking proposals at every turn just to be able to sell this shit to your own misguided, uninformed tabloid reading voters who appear to think the EU is some sort of hostile takeover. Maybe it's time you guys stand in the corner for a while like a naughty kid in class, see how we cope and how you cope. Good luck renegotiating all those trade agreements, finding cheap labour without all those Poles and say bye bye to London's status as financial capital of the EU in the meantime.

I got about a minute further in the video and by that time he blamed cheap immigrant workers for unemployment and "having to apply for 500 jobs before getting employed for one".

Yeah, totally Europe's fault. I wonder who this man is going to blame for the same problems once Britain has left the EU.

Da man actually has a very good point at the end though, where he says the the decisions shouldn't be just for the Business but the individual. Which makes his immigration point relevant.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 11:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
https://ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-polling/

shit's getting tight yo

Told you fuckface.

On his other point (job loss), I blame the Tory spending cuts but I think Europe take the same stance.

The sovereignty arguement ?, well is he not alluding to Britain being unable to make its own decisions such as those on border control ?, what's wrong with that ?. It kinda ties in with his whole arguement and does make it the crux.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 12:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When's the date y'all can go out and actually vote on this, btw?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

23rd ? of this month.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Depends how far Wales get. If this carries on I'm going to France.

We'll leave it to the Scots to keep us in Europe :smirk:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Told you fuckface.

i'm still calling it for Remain though

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 08:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
Told you fuckface.

i'm still calling it for Remain though

Me too !, I was just saying it was closer than I.... :p

I was seriously expecting a proportion similar to UKIP voters or not far above.

I'm voting to stay too :sly:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 12:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where are you getting this?! An EU army, to be let loose upon it's own members? What the flying fuck?

Did you find this on reddit? :offended:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 12:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's never gonna be an EU army. Not one Britain is a part of anyway, not beyond the common defence treaty anyway.

And it already is, it's in London, thank fuck some of it is in Brussels.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 12:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
The Times.

Quote:
EU army plans kept secret from voters

Details of Brussels power grab buried until day after referendum

Oh. Well, color me a sceptic... not much info there in any case.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 12:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's the thing, beyond the 3 founding principles of the EU (one of them is being free movement) the EU tends to follow our political landscape because our leaders allow it. Let's take TTIP for instance, we had veto power to fuck it off all together, leaving the EU to renegotiate with the member states that had agreed. What happened instead ?, Tory backbenchers used it for nothing more than to embarrass David Cameron with, by forcing him to make alterations to the Queens speech in protecting the NHS (fucking lol)

We would still know who to kick, it's Britains biggest spokesman for TTIP, Mr Piggy Fucker himself.

Also Britain still retains sovereignty, it can do what it likes, all it would do is cause a political issue. It wouldn't be legal.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 12:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We need to get our house in order before we can start telling people how to run theirs. If a political change miraculousy sweeps across Britain, and the EU blocks one of our proposals, then we can talk about leaving.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 12:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Does an EU super-state with it's own army, really sound like a good idea?

EU member states are already doing so much military things together that I guess it's only a small step to formalize the idea and go with it.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 01:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Could you imagine David trying to disband the Royal Welsh ?.

Could be good, due a revolt. After Englands disarmed of course, just like old times :toothy:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

geldof is irish, wtf is he sticking his oar in for?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 02:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Prolly got band aid 72 coming out or something

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 02:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was funny. Now im leaving my job I sat through a meeting with a marketing agency laughing out loud while reading Twitter. Not one shit was given.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 04:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would leave! If i had the money and or chance i would leave Germany ASAP too. EU will get Worlds biggest Refugee-Camp soon, hate it or love it... ;)

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 11:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
[img]

Lols :)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 12:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 12:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

Spot on :olo:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 08:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuuuuuuck

https://ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-polling/

Final polls ?

edit: That fucking video man :olo: summed it up perfectly.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 08:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
in what way are they "heading" it? are they the generals who make the strategy? were they elected to that position?

suddenly we're supposed to care what these clowns think?

Missed this :), and no of course not but their little 'vote leave' party has become the most popular and they've become kinda figureheads for it, probaly being the most popular people that support brexit ?

Sure there's some labour fringes making noises but on the whole it's them that are sucking up the spotlight and influencing public opinion. If Bono supported it you could guarantee he'd be in the mix but unfortunately it appears the only popular cunts that support Brexit are those.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 03:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was sat in the gallery at ITN the other day, getting an introduction to the tech guys there and a walkaround of the facilities, and got confused when they started going between regional offices talking about results of the referendum vote coming in. Turns out they were running rehearsals :tard:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 11:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Too late - Illuminati confirmed

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 01:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HL3: the new DNF

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 11:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Valve just has an issue with games with 3 in the title

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-18-2016 12:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If Valve ever release a HL game, it would be hilarious if they called it Half-Life 4 :smirk:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-18-2016 03:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Prolly Aftermath.
Though I'm pretty sure we all know it's never coming.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-18-2016 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"hilarious" is a strong word to use here

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 06-19-2016 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
I was sat in the gallery at ITN the other day, getting an introduction to the tech guys there and a walkaround of the facilities, and got confused when they started going between regional offices talking about results of the referendum vote coming in. Turns out they were running rehearsals :tard:

So who won?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 12:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.