Happy Birthday Whiskey 7

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Foo

Happy Birthday Whiskey 7

Post by Foo »

68 years young today! :alert: (20/04/24)

Have a good one buddy! <3
raw

Re: Happy Birthday Whiskey 7

Post by raw »

Happy birthday!!!!
seremtan

Post by seremtan »

Hapday birthpy!!
Transient

Post by Transient »

Yay!
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Hello and thanks for the birthday wishes all :D Another year older apparently, a little wiser I trust.
[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Happy birthday whiskey! May many more follow!
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

HBD! Man... Whiskey 7. What's the 7 for anyway? Were there 6 other whiskey's already registered?
Captain

Post by Captain »

Happy birthday old chap
Mat Linnett

Post by Mat Linnett »

Sorry I'm late to the party Whiskey, but Happy Birthday!
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Thanks again for the additional Birthday Wishes, well received :D

Κracus wrote:HBD! Man... Whiskey 7. What's the 7 for anyway? Were there 6 other whiskey's already registered?
In answer Κracus, a quote from post of 11-16-2008 10:04 AM and the Local Pub is not local anymore :smirk:
Whiskey 7 wrote:
Just thought I'd let you all know that the 7 in my nick Whiskey 7 is dedicated to 7 of 9 :up: (You may know this already from past topics)

When looking for an internet name I picked Whiskey as it was part of my pirate radio operator call sign Whiskey Bravo 47, back in the Citizens Band Radio days (early 1970's). It was initially illegal to operate CB on in Australia. We crept (drove) around in the dark of night and only operated when we could see no one else :D Those were the days :paranoid: Whiskey Bravo was for Waterloo Bay, a local bay area.

The Local Pub

Whiskey Bravo 47 was obviously to long for the internet so I chopped the Bravo and kept 7 just for Seven of Nine.
[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

Wow that's such a cool story! You were a renegade back in the 70's! I've always loved stories of radio/tv pirates broadcasting illegal streams from back in the day. Reminds me that people, even way back when, knew corporate greed had no limits and that the future was headed towards a dystopia but that the same technology could be used as a force for good in the right hands. Reminds me a lot of the AI work being done today. Speaking of... I have to go get my AI certification test done by June... :/
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

AI certification test.

Sorry, but rarely have I heard more bloated bullshit than that. What's there to certify? That you have at least one finger so you can type in prompts?
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

HBD good sir
I hope you are well
Mat Linnett

Post by Mat Linnett »

Eraser wrote:AI certification test.

Sorry, but rarely have I heard more bloated bullshit than that. What's there to certify? That you have at least one finger so you can type in prompts?
The sad thing is, this should be a thread celebrating one of the nicest people on this forum, but Kracus had to go and post about himself :(
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Don Carlos wrote:HBD good sir
I hope you are well
All is well here and I hope is same for all those that haunt Q3W :D
Thanks for the birthday wishes.
houston

Post by houston »

bet you're glad somebody remembered to make yours
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

Eraser wrote:AI certification test.

No it's more of how to train/model AI to do certain tasks on the backend in Azure. (like image recognition/generation) It's not prompt engineering stuff.
The sad thing is, this should be a thread celebrating one of the nicest people on this forum, but Kracus had to go and post about himself :(
That's rude. I'm just replying to Whiskey in regards to how it seemed he was a pioneer during the CB Radio days when pirating signals was a thing, it just reminds me of how far things have come and what todays equivalent culture resembles where renegade AI's setup by people who are basically fighting the established status quo in the same way that pirating radio signals was back then. It's not about me, I'm just making a comparison but hey, taking things out of context, pretty on par for this place. I'm sure you'll find something else to get worked up over.
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

It's just occurred to me that Whiskey will have been in his 20's during the 70's and that he'll be in his 70's during the 20's.

Not sure why I felt the need to share that.
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Nice read having just returned to the 'board' after 10 days south, Sydney and environs :)