Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Battlefield 3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Battlefield 3

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-03-2011 06:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and then right a whining review about it being too loose :olo: :olo:

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 10-03-2011 06:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no a review about it being too easy :olo:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-03-2011 06:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i spelled write right right?

PostPosted: 10-03-2011 06:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Has anyone had the glitch where none of your guns will fire? Happened to me a few times... this last time I picked up someone else's kit, still wouldn't fire, somehow managed to stab two people, then they would fire.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-03-2011 06:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:
o'dium would buy 20 of each.

and be done within 5 minutes of opening :olo: :olo:

Including the games :olo:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-03-2011 07:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brisk wrote:
ah, they made us re-download 3.9gb to change the folder name where the beta was stored.

that would explain why the game is still a buggy, horrible mess. thanks for clearing that up shaft :up:

I just checked for a new patch in Origin and it said BF3 was up to date, so unless it downloaded in the background while I was at work (with Origin not knowingly running), you are mistaken sir. Or maybe they fixed the patch. :shrug:

PostPosted: 10-03-2011 08:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cool that you can link your stats. I love stats.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/so ... 2974/xbox/

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-03-2011 09:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

42.7% of stats are made up

PostPosted: 10-03-2011 09:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

on this board they are

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-03-2011 10:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm asking again: have any of you complainers actually reported your findings to DICE? Sounds to me like all those whiny little bitches that are playing the beta expect this to be a fully polished, ready to ship demo and only whine about the faults on [insert favorite forum here] instead of writing up useful issue reports to DICE.

PostPosted: 10-03-2011 10:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no, i don't vote either. u mad?

PostPosted: 10-03-2011 11:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
join a hacked server and risk getting EA acc banned. lol.

oh the replies
Quote:
d34thly says:10/03/2011 at 20:22
My account name is strafeshot on steam and d34thly on origin and d34thly on GFWL so if you’re not a pussy give me your game handle so we can handle it online. @Crying i can kill your whole team at least 3 times over before you even notice me. @psyk tell me what games you play and your game handle before you can call me a pussy or n00b. See pussies always talk but never back it up, I live at 8025 Florida Ave N. Brooklyn Park, MN 55445 if you want to sort it out in person.Come LAN, but I wouldn’t recommend calling me a n00b or pussy in person. Losers hate competition that’s why I am wrecking the game for psyk. You guessed wrong psyk I lead my team to winning but you’re too pussy to find out as you won’t tell anyone your handle or what you play.BTW psyk why are you sending my links of my house on bing maps and a link to Mark Bradford. You’re all talk and a pussy I doubt you would even have the balls to call or show up or even join a game I’m in.

I hope to see anyone who flames me in game, actually i hope to see anyone here in game. Bring your best and kill me allot as my most memorably fun matches are the ones where I get my ass handed to me.

kind of an all-over address

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 12:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I'm asking again: have any of you complainers actually reported your findings to DICE? Sounds to me like all those whiny little bitches that are playing the beta expect this to be a fully polished, ready to ship demo and only whine about the faults on [insert favorite forum here] instead of writing up useful issue reports to DICE.

Why report things that are already common knowledge to both the community and DICE? Just read any gaming forum, you'll see the same things over and over.

PostPosted: 10-04-2011 01:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
andyman wrote:
I love stats.

In my overall experience of the ragequitting, teamswitching, kill-farming, stat-padding faggotry they encourage stats are pure fucking evil, addictive to idiots and ruinous to good team games. Them and their stats can get fucked.

maybe over in britain. sounds like you've got shitty stats

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 04:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 04:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so they are supposed to fix all these bugs in a few days?...rofl...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The beta is using a version of the game that's 2 months older than the version they are working on for launch day, so there's every chance the big bugs people are bitching about were fixed weeks ago.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 04:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

k the obvious question is why would they release a shitty beta that is known to have issues that are supposedly already fixed?
Ignoring that, why would they not release and continue to update a comprehensive list of KNOWN and already RESOLVED issues that plague the beta? Seems to me most of the frustration could be avoided in this way. Looks like there are morons on both sides of this.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
The beta is using a version of the game that's 2 months older than the version they are working on for launch day, so there's every chance the big bugs people are bitching about were fixed weeks ago.

lol and the pope is jewish...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 10:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
k the obvious question is why would they release a shitty beta that is known to have issues that are supposedly already fixed?

It's simple to answer that: Creating any sort of release for a game takes time. It takes a lot of time. People always assume that, for instance, demos of a game can be released "just like that" [imagine someone snapping his fingers here] but it's not. I guess that at some point they made a snapshot of the codebase and assets and built a release out of that. While they were doing that, the rest of the development team continued fixing bugs and issues which didn't end up in the beta code because that would delay the beta again.

Tsakali wrote:
Ignoring that, why would they not release and continue to update a comprehensive list of KNOWN and already RESOLVED issues that plague the beta? Seems to me most of the frustration could be avoided in this way. Looks like there are morons on both sides of this.

Creating updates and patches takes time as well and I bet they'd rather spend that time actually fixing bugs rather than making patches. The goal of a beta is not to deliver a smooth experience, it is to identify the problems that prohibit players from getting a smooth experience. If you've detected them, there's no need to fix them in the beta because that's not what the beta is for.

On the other hand, players seem to be complaining about such serious show stopper bugs that it could be argued that an updated beta that irons out the most obvious problems would allow players to dig deeper into the game and find more obscure bugs more easily.

The third thing here is that, especially with the whole MW3 vs BF3 thing going on, EA and DICE can't really afford such bad exposure. I think some suit at EA thought a public beta would be a good way to promote the game, so I imagine some people at EA thought of this as a glorified demo. If so, then that seriously turned against them and bit them in the ass.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 10:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i wanna bet that most of the bugs had already been identified before the beta hit, and the most important thing that they're testing in the beta is the server infrastructure.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 10:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 11:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser my 2nd question was not to implement updates for the beta, but to simply publish info on known issues, that way the beta testers can at least not feel so butt fucked and baffled , and instead try to overlook them and focus on other unknown issues... which I assume is the point of a public beta.

Either way in hindsight, this seems to be a huge fuck up on their end.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 11:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A lot of those preorder cancellations are due to the server browser and origin. Unfortunately, there's no conclusive way to prove how many are due to each thing.

Most people aren't dumb enough to cancel a pre-order over bugs in a beta, and most of the noise I'm catching on various forums from people who have played the beta and cancelled pre-orders are leveling the blame squarely at things other than bugs.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 11:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mind you, on the flip-side, if you make a game and services that cater specifically to spastic casuals and thereby ditch a number of elements that would typically be expected for non-casual PC FPS titles, you probably shouldn't release an open beta where said spastic casuals will naturally establish the belief that because the beta is a buggy POS, the final game will also be that way for all time.

Spazzes aren't known for their foresight. They are however known to do retarded things like pre-order games despite it being 2011 where the title can be delivered electronically, rendering pre-order a functionless proposal for the consumer.

PostPosted: 10-04-2011 11:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Without the free beta I never would have considered playing the game in the first place, so this beta is more like a demo to me. I'll probably get the game because I like playing the beta/demo. Of course, this one doesn't come anywhere near the cod4 beta. THAT was awesome.
Since there are a shit ton of things I don't like about the rush mode in the beta, I'll give the other game types a chance in the full game. Of course it will be on xbox. PC looks like a total shit smearing festival.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 11:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
Spazzes aren't known for their foresight. They are however known to do retarded things like pre-order games despite it being 2011 where the title can be delivered electronically, rendering pre-order a functionless proposal for the consumer.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-05-2011 12:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey you get a free intangible imaginary weapon though that makes it worth it, amirite.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-05-2011 12:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
:olo:

fake

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-05-2011 12:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
Eraser my 2nd question was not to implement updates for the beta, but to simply publish info on known issues, that way the beta testers can at least not feel so butt fucked and baffled , and instead try to overlook them and focus on other unknown issues... which I assume is the point of a public beta.

Either way in hindsight, this seems to be a huge fuck up on their end.

It kind of baffles me that Dice didn't set up some sort of public bug tracking system for this. Not a forum, but something like Bugzilla (or something slightly more userfriendly, heh). The problem with a forum is that people simply come to rant. I think that because of the nature of a bug tracking system you're filtering out 80% of the rants and get valid bug reports instead. It also makes it easier to filter out duplicates or plain rants. It can also serve as a reference for others to see what has been reported and that these reports are being acknowledged by DICE.

In that sense you are right. The communication from DICE to the gaming community should be far better. Gamers want to be heard and while I'm sure they are, DICE should actively let them know they are being heard.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-05-2011 04:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

news flash morons...the final release will be almost as buggy if not buggier as this retarded beta...u can apologize to me later...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-05-2011 04:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

your wife doesn't, why would anyone else?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-05-2011 04:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
It's simple to answer that: Creating any sort of release for a game takes time. It takes a lot of time. People always assume that, for instance, demos of a game can be released "just like that" [imagine someone snapping his fingers here] but it's not. I guess that at some point they made a snapshot of the codebase and assets and built a release out of that. While they were doing that, the rest of the development team continued fixing bugs and issues which didn't end up in the beta code because that would delay the beta again.

You're looking at this from a programmer's point of view :smirk:
From a marketing sales standpoint that ain't no answer to Tsakali's question... releasing a product takes time, sure. That's why there's people who plan and decide when who works on what. But somehow those people ended up purposefully releasing a crippled product, which is obviously damaging to future sales and corporate image :(

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-05-2011 07:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think releasing betas has as much to do with the programmers being able to ask the community to track down bugs so much as for the marketing department to get a feel for how the game will launch.

Seriously, how helpful do you think 99.9% of the people giving feedback are able to do so in any form that will benefit the developers? You just get lots of bitching and moaning, whereas real bug reports need concrete data about system specs and reproducible steps. The only thing that will benefit developers is putting their game servers on load to see how it stands up to full game traffic.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-05-2011 12:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

confirmed...this statement is not true...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.